Another Round Up of Resistance to Trump

Well hero props tend to be real metal while stunt props aren’t. But back then I wouldn’t be surprised if the stunt props had been at least aluminium as well.

(Hero props being the ones used in non-stunt close-up shots)

9 Likes

Seen around. Not sure of truth or legality of the operation. But I imagine that the mentions that gov agencies had similar access rings true.

16 Likes

Stage steel swords make nice clanging sounds but are dull and mostly harmless.

6 Likes

Yep. And it really impresses the audience when you hit your opponent on the head with one. (Hey, it’s not my fault he didn’t properly block.)

11 Likes

Wait, isn’t it “Being Hit on the Head” lessons in here?

8 Likes
16 Likes

dull and mostly harmless

probably what I’ll have put on my tombstone

8 Likes

Something, something, unity and healing? /s

4 Likes
28 Likes

NRA and Koch brothers will find a way to fund their fines.

8 Likes

Koch brother. He won’t be around long either. There’s a whole tier of the biggest money guys who are reaching the end of their warranties.

And many - though not all - of their kids will just want to be 24 hour party people.

18 Likes

And the NRA seems to be fresh outta cash these days, thanks to North and LaPierre’s race to see who could empty the accounts on hookers and blow.

13 Likes

Isn’t there any money in banana-print shirts? :wink:

7 Likes

Joan of Arc statue in Malcolm X Park

21 Likes

“ In saying good-bye to their party and becoming independents, they also ousted Republicans from controlling township government. All of this in a county so important to Republicans that presidential hopefuls know to make one or more stops through Amish country every four years.

“The denial of the 2020 election results by members of our party and elected officials in Lancaster County is outrageous,” they wrote to their GOP chief. “Our neighbors voted, those votes became the certified election results and were upheld by our judicial system. Continuing to deny these facts has damaged our system of government and has fomented the seeds of sedition, resulting in violence in our nation’s Capitol.”

“ “The Republican Party we once knew is gone and has left us behind,” they continued. “As a result, we are disaffiliating from the Republican Party and will seek to work as Independents with anyone who strives for good government, decency for his neighbors, and the rule of law.”

In firing off this disavowal of Trumpism, these men did something that most Republican U.S. senators and House members who were barricaded inside the Capitol failed to do.

The trio also did this before the world had seen subsequently released video footage showing law enforcement officers being pummeled by the pro-Trump crowd. Nor had we yet seen the images of an officer howling in pain while attackers crushed him in a doorway.”

It’s a start.

19 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see what happens then. While there’s no shortage of inheritors and fund-manager fucks to take over, some of the money guys are so paranoid about their descendants ever developing a conscience that they build a self-destruct into their funds.

5 Likes

Personally, I think it’s a limbo pole placed at 6 feet high.

11 Likes

For PA - which has been gerrymandered to shit - a chance to turn the leg would be big.

13 Likes
30 Likes

17 Likes