Another Round Up of Resistance to Trump

He’s a multi-talented guy.

8 Likes

Looks like mom assaulted a black woman and got hammered for it back. Also - they had kicked the daughter out for going to BLM protests because they were violent and daughter was lesbian.

25 Likes

Watching Schwarzenegger give a pretty good speech and then at 5:12 in “Now, you see this sword? This is Conan’s sword.” :laughing:

I mean, it turned out to be a fairly good metaphor IMHO, but it was also very Arnold.

15 Likes

Yeah. I appreciated the sentiments, and it’s good to see a Republican turn against Tromp so staunchly. He’s playing to the cheap seats with the sword bit, but that seems like a good thing.

22 Likes

25 Likes

If that’s real, I can’t even be mad at them, frankly.

19 Likes

Obligs:

20 Likes

I wouldn’t be either, and I wish it was real. The names got me suspicious though.

Anyway, great gig idea for the next insurrection!

16 Likes

Are you kidding?

I’m not cynical enough to make a side hustle out of other people’s hatred, but if I was & decided to sell MAGA merch? As a Black person, you’d better believe I’d decline to ever give out any of my personal info. I can totally seeing just saying “Nah” everytime someone asked for my identity.

There’s lots of peeps in the Black community who would not be as understanding as I am about their chosen means of making money.

21 Likes

Let’s see if this has any teeth.

15 Likes

Sure, but it’s not them not giving their names. It’s the fake names they’re quoted as supposedly giving.

8 Likes

Yeah, and my inner pedant was doubting if that prop sword was actually tempered, but I’ll allow it since he played Conan.

12 Likes

And that still reads as legit to me.

Everytime someone asks, especially if they have a mike and a camera:

Reporter: What’s your name?
Vendor: “Nah.

15 Likes

Is this that red-haired Beau dude’s brother?

A cathartic 2-min rant, if that helps you. (Warning: he’s sweary.)

25 Likes

Yeah, he’s pretty righteously pissed off; I can relate to the feeling.

18 Likes

His main point is a great one that does need to be shouted in the faces of those deluded fuckers: “What exactly is it that was stolen from you, you entitled, privileged assholes? How bout NOTHING!?”

20 Likes

Oh, I can hazard a guess:

The assurance that the deck would always be stacked in their favor just due to being White, straight and male; the privilege of being “the center of the universe,” valued above and before everyone and everything else on the entire planet; that’s what they believe has been “stolen” from them.

This is the myth of personal exceptionalism that is spoonfed to White American males from infancy:

Scarface's Folly

Never mind that it actually only applies to a tiny fraction of an even tinier percentage of them… that’s the mythos upon which all their unattainable delusions of grandeur are built.

And then when it never comes to fruition, they blame everyone else but the Powers That Be which have kept the status quo just as it is.

But of course, I’m preaching to the choir, here…

29 Likes

Getting through college by selling MAGA merch. In light of the absolute uselessness of DeVos, I wouldn’t blame any of the disenfranchised positively benefiting by that way.

18 Likes

Yup, and they’re shortsighted morons. That kind of humanity-impoverishing zero-sum thinking doesn’t just piss me off on a moral level; it infuriates me on a logical level.

18 Likes

Not so sure it is a prop sword, at least one used in the movie. You can hear it is actual metal, which appears a bit dangerous for filming, even if it is not a “real” sword either.

2 Likes