Another tourist at the Tower of London thinks she's at Disneyland, gets screamed at by guard

‘Don’t annoy soldiers on duty’ seems like a rule that ought not to need a specific sign, but I guess we are where we are.

9 Likes

The problem is that a guard who needs a guard is ipso facto redundant.

3 Likes
1 Like

And like, the USA has examples of on duty military personnel in ceremoneal dress. I’ve yet to see a video of a tourist fucking with the guard for the tomb of the unknown soldier, for example.

4 Likes

For the horse there is a sign, not for the armed man sitting on the horse. There is not much joy in standing guard, let them have their fun when someone is stupid enough to take the piss.

At least Lucy and Ethel had a guide book.

I can imagine how it would go down.

3 Likes

It’s particularly dramatic when, if I’m remembering right, they have bayonets fixed while standing there.

Not necessarily a practical consideration compared to the assault rifle it’s attached to; but ‘sharp object and willingness to use it’ just tickles the parts of the brain that probably predate humanity that little bit harder.

1 Like

Maybe not fuckin with the guard, but people chasing wayward bottles of water into that area. I’ve seen those clips.

And it’s good that the ceremonial dress doesn’t consist of tassels draped from gilded helmets and such. If I squint, I can see one might think they are near Snow White’s castle in Anaheim.

1 Like

We’ve been there, it’s amazing.

We were there once, it was raining and total silence as they were changing. Some teenagers started talking, the guard stopped, turned, and stared at those kids, they got the hint almost instantly.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.