Yet another tourist is bitten by a horse of the King's Guard (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/03/ignoring-warning-signs-a-tourist-is-bitten-by-a-horse-of-the-kings-guard.html

3 Likes

The guards reaction, or lack thereof is priceless.

12 Likes

The trick to avoid attack in this situation is that you never want to stand two steps forward and one step to the side of the horse, or one step forward and two steps to the side of the horse.

28 Likes

I think that misstates the nature of the knight’s attack. Sure they are on a horse and can jump over front ranks to attack behind but it is the zombie knight themselves who does the biting in chess.

I’d call that a rook(ie) error but their weakness is different.

9 Likes

That, combined with the sign in the background.

Hmmm, it does what it says on the label? You don’t say…

4 Likes

Oh. That pawn must be the horse’s rider, one of the King’s Guards.

2 Likes

I watch lots of King’s Guards videos on yt. London City Walks posts the best ones. His vids are long, and he narrates the whole time, but John is intelligent and funny AF, and has a great voice. He tells us where he is and what’s around as he heads to and from Horse Guards, even identifies the troopers’ horses, and with wisdom and firmness confronts many of the tourons who harass the guards. Sometimes visitors recognize him or his voice (he keeps out of his own videos, but can be spotted in others’ vids, like Buska in the Park’s), and tell him they’re fans. He has had many charming chats with them, and if they’re willing, he gets them into that day’s video/s so the world can meet them, too.

He doesn’t know much about horses, just that he adores them, even asking mounted police what their horses’ names are. Still, he’s developed quite an eye for a good horse, and knows he can ask his horsey viewers to post specific info in the comments when he wants to learn something/have a ? answered.

9 Likes

Vs. this interaction:

6 Likes

1 Like

Horses know what they’re doing bite-wise. I once knew a horse (maybe a strange turn of phrase) who liked to gently chomp on the fleshy part of my hand between pinky and wrist - like a cat who plays and bites but not to harm.

6 Likes

Yep. The woman in the video was clearly in some pain and was saying a controlled “ow”, but was neither screaming nor bleeding. Horses can make those latter things happen with very little effort. This horse chose not to do that. Instead, the horse was saying a simple “Kindly fuck off, now.”

5 Likes

I love watching the work and play of people who have The Touch with animals.

2 Likes

Bonus: XLNT hair at 0:38!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.