Another woman trapped in a Tesla after its battery dies

Also need these applied and the seats to go along with them:

Pivot Alert!

8 Likes

Around here there are an inordinate amount of Tesla owners doing Uber side hustles.

I sure hope a link to The Manual™ is included with the “intro to your driver” Uber text!

8 Likes

12 Likes

I’m wondering if they are coming out because they or their passengers keep mistakenly using the secret lever. From their POV it seems weird that people can’t find the lever.

That combined with cognitive dissonance fueled frustration inherent in owning a Tesla.

8 Likes

That’s not a bug, that’s a feature!

6 Likes

:thinking:

Tesla Drivers Burn to Death While Unable to Open Any Door

I’ve noticed a string of Tesla reports saying basically the same thing. Drivers who survive a Tesla crash succumb to smoke and fire in a confusing escape puzzle

11 Likes

Did that driver read the manual?

9 Likes

… is there even a printed manual, or do we have to find it in a menu on the touchscreen :thinking:

9 Likes

This is such a NON-ISSUE. RTFM! There’s an emergency release.

Well, we better read the manual to find out… It’s right there in the glove box… how do we open that again? Oh, right… it’s in the manual…

Ummm… RTFT?

12 Likes

Probably didn’t have time with all the manuals they are reading.

10 Likes

aaahh real monsters nicksplat GIF

9 Likes

My mom kept using the lever to get out to the point my window motor failed. It was covered under warranty. I had to practically threaten her when she got out of the car EACH TIME! Oh, and I’ve noticed if you use the term “Elon” on anything ghost accounts will pop up and advertise to you. It’s like speaking Voldemort’s name.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure that threatening people who use the handle instead of the button, thus breaking the window, is in the manual.

12 Likes

Why didn’t you make her read the manual?

17 Likes

… if this fire would just burn slower I could finish downloading the FAQ from rec.autos.makers.tesla :fire:

13 Likes

If someone opening the door is enough to break the door mechanism, something is very wrong with the design of the door.

18 Likes

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Uh Oh Oops GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Read Book Club GIF

8 Likes

From the article @smulder posted above:

“The frontal impact with the tree resulted in a power loss of the car’s 12-volt system… mechanically opening the rear door during a power loss requires additional steps. According to the owner’s manual, during a loss of 12-volt system power, a rear-seated occupant must locate a small cutout in the carpet beneath the seat cushions and pull the mechanical release cable tab toward the center of the vehicle to manually open the rear door.

Well, now that I’ve read that I feel fully qualified to escape a burning Tesla if I’m ever a passenger in one. That frees up more of my time to read all the manuals of other devices I may someday need to operate.

16 Likes