Another woman trapped in a Tesla after its battery dies

What the hell with all the long dormant accounts coming out for this?

15 Likes

Wait isnt that the button that raises all the windows at once? :wink:

6 Likes

For reals…

Suspicious Futurama GIF

Did you read the manual…

10 Likes

I don’t think that’s a pedal parking brake…

But still, calling it an emergency brake is a misnomer. The car manufacturers have always called it a parking brake. The 1999 Toyota Corolla manual calls it a parking brake.

I don’t think I can even engage the (electric) parking brake on my Chevy Bolt while moving. It automatically disengages when you start moving in the direction the motor selector is in (forward for drive, etc)

1 Like

They did. It is on the armrest (at least in the front seat of my Model 3). As others have pointed out, I have had many people actually use it to open the door rather than the proper way.

I think consumer sentiment is already swinging back towards physical controls. Tesla got away with it because tech early adopters were willing to put up with doing everything on a touchscreen in exchange for frequent OTA updates and being on the cutting edge, but other manufacturers are seeing that they need to address the segment of the market that wants an EV but also wants it to otherwise be a normal car. Volvo’s highly anticipated EX30 is getting a lot of flack for putting almost everything on the central touchscreen, including the gauges that would normally be on the driver’s display, while the older C/XC40 Recharge models are almost indistinguishable from their ICE cousins. I suspect the latter is going to be the more common model, or a middle ground like the Ioniq 5.

It’s easy to activate Muskrats with any negative coverage of their hero or his companies.

12 Likes

I think @teknocholer nailed it earlier…

6 Likes

Irregardless…

11 Likes

Cool story. Now can you recall every little thing in the manual? How about when you’re under some duress. Why can’t people just admit this is a shitty and unnecessarily not to mention over complicated design to “solve” a problem that’s long since been solved.

14 Likes

St. Elon’s name must not be sullied or besmirched by us unwashed non-believers. His army must rise to protect his spotless reputation and unsung genius.

15 Likes

If you know anything about risk analysis, you know that putting things in the manual can impact the chance of things going wrong but not the severity. If something is an unacceptable harm, it’s an inadequate mitigation, period. People bringing up the manual are only showing that they’re completely ignorant of how this is supposed to work.

Tesla does not do risk analysis properly. It does things the way Musk wants them, and he’s a sociopath who doesn’t care about safety or other people, just looking cool*. Hell, his plants have extra injuries because he doesn’t like warning colors. None of this is a secret.

* And he also has absolutely terrible taste in that, just for the record.

15 Likes

Well, yeah, but there’s enough negative stuff here that I’m surprised there’s any idle accounts left to defend him.

9 Likes

I’m a software engineer by trade. One of the biggest jokes in the industry is, “we don’t need to fix this, we’ll just address it in the documentation”.

Spider Man Lol GIF

15 Likes

It’s also embarrassing for people who bought the new shiny-shiny car and bragged about it to admit that it has serious design flaws.

10 Likes

See Boeing 737 Max.

15 Likes

Submarine accounts, it’s an old trolling tactic which is just as sus as ‘brand new’ members leaping to their idol’s defense…

15 Likes

8uhcmj

17 Likes

Back in my wilder days, the handbrake was necessary to get a really good parking lot spin going. Of course, that was also driving a manual, so throwing in the clutch was required as well. Still, quite functional. Have not tried it in any of the newer cars I have had since, though, and probably will not. Don’t even have a handbrake in my Honda CRX. Oh, man, I just realized again. I am old.

4 Likes

“All hail the White Paper.”

2 Likes

5 Likes