Antarctica: Scientist stabs colleague who kept spoiling the endings of books for him

I came to say I have an alternative theory to explain things…I am not disappointed.

11 Likes

Adds The Sun’s Will Stewart: “Reports say the altercation was fueled by alcohol.”

Dude, SPOILERS!!!

12 Likes

https://goo.gl/images/zcwoBj

Why is it so important to keep calling him a scientist? Then it turns out he’s not even a scientist? Just an engineer?

6 Likes

That’s nothing, my local librarian has a range of weaponry available for pre-emptive spoiler prevention at everything up to and including intercontinental range. It’s nothing to worry about particularly, just a natural side-effect of leaving that much knowledge in easy reach of someone with a strong-willed respect for literature and a little free time on their hands.

4 Likes

Interesting post, but why “obviously”? The attempt at humour came with a bit of stereotyping. Other countries have had criminals in their ranks in Antarctica/ (Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/world/what-in-the-world/antarctica-crime.html ). It’s cold and isolated, everybody ends up drinking some, and sometimes bad decisions happen.

4 Likes

I won’t say he did nothing wrong, but I understand, especially if they were mysteries

2 Likes

4 Likes

As a true aficionado of unsolved mysteries (and ice…), he shoulda stabbed him with an icicle.

12 Likes

That’s cold, man.

13 Likes

12 Likes

Mrs. Arc just had the observation that this likely escalated to a knife fight because engineer vs welder fisticuffs historically do not favor the engineers.

7 Likes

Why reach for a knife when you’re already holding a book? Beat him with the book!

4 Likes

seriously, the guy who was stabbed HAD to know that it irritated the hell out of the guy to be told the ending, and yet he kept doing it. yes, stabbing him was going too far, but that’s a totally dick move in the first place.

9 Likes

I almost want to say i’m on Team Stabby. Having someone constantly spoil book endings would be infuriating… not that i’d ever try to have a go at someone with a knife over book spoilers.

Maybe…

Probably would tho

10 Likes

It’s those god damn ebooks. No weight or resiliency.

6 Likes

No true jury of peers would vote to convict.

5 Likes

Yet … it’s a mystery. Will they throw the book at him? I can’t wait to see how it’ll turn out. Don’t anyone ruin it for me, 'k?

3 Likes

I wonder if he’ll think carefully before spoiling any more endings.

There’s some jerk in my neighborhood who keeps changing their WIFI router name to spoilers for current movies. I don’t wish them any immediate harm, but I do hope there’s a special place in the seventh level of hell for them.

6 Likes

1 Like

Most people in Antarctica are both practically able and educated. There aren’t enough resources for a dedicated welder who can’t also read ice cores or do advanced science.

2 Likes