Anti-Beyonce rally a flop

Both, of course!

1 Like

I’m guessing that it was intentional, because her point was to pull on black history for her look.

1 Like

To add to the earlier narrative, it was even funnier when the black characters try to point out that they’re black, too. The white characters won’t believe that their friend or co-workers are black. They’re losing their shit over nothing.

But I think you have to see it for it to hit home. A description just doesn’t do it justice.

Professor Griff seems oddly absent there

I wad referring to the SNL skit, not reality.

2 Likes

Ha ha ha, “divisive”, I really should have expected that buzzword to be used. The most classic, all-purpose silencing technique.

2 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

Ironic too, considering how much those who tend to use it actually prefer (and practice) division.

3 Likes

Well, it’s not “divisive” when they do it, it’s race REALISM
 duh. /s

Seriously, though, it’s this insane disconnect but I think it’s about people fearing what they themselves want to actually do and are in some ways trying to do. These people WANT a “race war” that they fear, because they can then be themselves and shoot “the bad ones” and keep the “good ones” in line. All the better if someone like Beyonce starts.

1 Like

I’m hoping that’s true of just some extremists. Others are probably fine with SOME black people (conservative, God fearing, self-hating, etc.), and would likely even claim to have one or two as a “friend.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.