Anti-camera shirts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/10/anti-camera-shirts.html

4 Likes

There’s an easier way.

Or just start unplugging the cameras when you see them.

3 Likes

Over time the “AI” systems will get a lot better1) at this.
At one point someone will have to come up with something that embarrasses the AIs so profoundly that they will look away and pretend they never saw it.

1) To the point where the removal of the quotation marks is warranted.

7 Likes

Thought it was just gonna be a t-shirt that said “fuck cameras.” Of course that already exists:

1 Like

What’s with all the hype? Pretty much any shirt can do the same thing :

Try and catch me now, surveillance state!

7 Likes

I wonder if a Dazzle Camouflage design would work?

17 Likes

Any decent surveillance state with couple paid human eyes along with digital ones. The camera may not be able to automatically index your face but the security guard will be able to recognize you as a “suspicious person.”

1 Like

They may be aided by your Employee of the Month photo hanging on the wall at Standard Skate Shop.

3 Likes

Needs more cowbell…

11 Likes

“with something that embarrasses the AIs so profoundly that they will look away and pretend they never saw it.”

Woot! My time has come.

6 Likes

Cowbell? D20s are good enough.

I’ll call it AI when it can resent being called AI.

12 Likes

This is what I was thinking, as well.

1 Like

Multiple studies (a lot of them done in Britain) show that a dedicated person attempting to observe suspicious activity on a single or multiple surveillance monitors misses detecting almost all activities after about 20 minutes of viewing. This ‘failure’ is hardwired into the human brain as a survival mechanism to wipe the known input and enable new stimulus as a protective measure against predators and other hazards.
AIs and simple optical triggers work better at pulling up a screen showing a possible incident for review by a human.

2 Likes

I knew that really ugly Xmas sweater would come in handy one day!

4 Likes

I wasn’t thinking of guys in the booth. I was thinking of boots on the ground. The omnipresence of security cameras in China has not diminished the number of party agents patrolling the crowds.

2 Likes

Yes, active real time direct-to-eyeballs, head-on-a-swivel surveillance is the optimum solution. Electronic surveillance is a force multiplier that is really only the initial stage in assessing security or safety issues. A trained person looking at the evolving situation can do it all from start to conclusion.

1 Like

Dazzle makeup has been known for quite a while now.

3 Likes

Not anymore…

1 Like

Makeup can also be used like this:

I call this one the @beschizza special:

More here: https://crazyforus.com/articles/trippy-illusion-makeup-looks-halloween/

Some of these even confuse natural inteligences.

12 Likes