Anti-theft device burns carjackers to a crisp

[Read the post]

1 Like

12 Likes

Ah, the Blaster.

It’s been around for a while. Indeed, it won the ig Nobel prize for peace in 1999

17 Likes

The parody prize doesn’t use the actual word ‘peace’; which is kinda good, considering…

3 Likes

The idea isn’t new. I have also heard of one that will electrify the outside of the car, zapping anyone trying to gain entry… though i don’t know if it was actually ever made.

Also. i am reminded of this:

5 Likes

If you get one, make sure to double-check and ensure that you do not install it backwards. I won’t make that mistake again.

18 Likes

This is much better than the talking car alarms. I once walked by one that actually rapped. All that was doing was encouraging people to get close.

3 Likes

As an added bonus, this can make it a lot easier to change lanes when traffic’s backed up and everyone in the next lane is pointedly ignoring your blinker!

10 Likes

I recall seeing a movie as a teen in the mid-late 80s where a would-be car jacker is incinerated by something like this. I think it’s framed as an ad for the product … slipping my mind at the moment.

For if they actually get inside your car.
Totally legal in a Robocop 2 corporate-apocalypse world.

17 Likes
6 Likes

IIRC carjackings in SA at the time of the initial promotion of this device were both rampant and very often led to kidnapping and death.

7 Likes

Came here to see if this one was posted. Leaving satisfied.

I would prefer this one:

15 Likes

I came here expecting a robocop reference.

I was not disappointed :smile:

4 Likes

Feel the Bern!

4 Likes

I wonder how long until someone sabotages the system and then tries to carjack the driver when they get into their car.

6 Likes
2 Likes

It’s tough but fair!

1 Like