Anti-vax dummies storm and steal from what they think is a Covid-vaccine center

Ah, the global anti-vax “movement”.

It’s very hard to imagine how skepticism towards government science, however farfetched, doesn’t become a permanent feature of our era, and beyond.

My only guess is that a truly horrific and fast spreading virus with pain and suffering far beyond covid could scare many of the skeptics into getting a vaccine.

Even at that, skepticism about the cause and origin would still be widespread, even if vaccination numbers went up.

Believing your own reality, for good or ill, is the next step in either our collective evolution or devolution, depending on how you want to see it.

2 Likes

It’s notable that, since the Trumpsurrectionists started going to jail/prison, there haven’t really been any idiotic right-wing protests in Portland.

For all the media coverage, it’s really true that there are only dozens of them. They just wander around the country stirring up shit, and now that they are being incarcerated, that shit-stirring has dropped off dramatically.

I look forward to the UK enjoying such a respite themselves, soon.

16 Likes

I suppose I shouldn’t expect data analysis or mathematics skills from these trolls - but the “99.97% are not dying” is problematic - We’ve had 12.6M cases and 148k deaths - Which suggests 98.83% aren’t dying - Left totally uncontrolled (and these fruit loops are usually anti-mask, anti-lockdown and anti-vaxx) this would (perhaps) lead to ~700k deaths.

10 Likes

Which now, fittingly, look like this:

14 Likes

Plus, there appears to be very low survival (~50% @ 1 yr) for survivors of severe COVID.

12 Likes

Sure. Anyone who’s not a right-wing nutter, religious nutter or an antivax nutter is welcome to come and stay. And you can bring back James Corden.

Some people here will complain about getting him back, but it’s only right and fair. After all, you’ll be taking Piers Morgan off our hands. (You’ll probably need him to replace Alex Jones soon anyway…)

The A Team 80S GIF

10 Likes

Are you… kidding?

They shouted abuse at staff, took equipment, and accused staff of “genocide”. A guy on a bullhorn saying it’s a peaceful protest wouldn’t make me think, “Oh, everything’s alright then, I’ll wait it out.”

10 Likes

Trespass, intimidation and theft? Lock these fucking dicks up.

16 Likes

They can be relied upon to fall back on their primary fears: “those people”, and the “you-know-whos”, and the “does this mean we can’t call them—“ “No, uncle, we don’t use those words in our house.”

9 Likes

Both “those people” and (((((those people)))))

8 Likes

Sounds like they should have called an Armed Response Unit

3 Likes

I actually kind of took some comfort in that. Which I realize is odd.

3 Likes

We have plenty of these fools in the USA, & I’m sure Australia does too.
Instead of coming by to pick them up, how about y’all just have them swim over?

13 Likes

Yep - and the standard reply to all the evidence of Johnson’s blatant lies and corruption is that ‘they’re all liars and in it for themselves’.

That the Conservative Party is so open about its disregard for government ministers upholding the law or even basic standards of accountability is dangerously corrosive for our democracy. The influx of UKIP entryists into the party at all levels has lowered the already pitiful standards of Conservative MPs because now loyalty to the Brexit shibboleth outweighs all else.

Time and time again it has been shown that ministers (cough: Priti Patel) have broken the rules and time and time again, the Tories form a ring around them and refuse to demand they are punished. Even when Paterson was found red-handed, they willingly tried to subvert scrutiny because he was one of them. And now even Hancock is oozing back into the limelight, when his obvious inability to do the job and corruption should have consigned him to the outer darkness for all time.

Let’s not fool ourselves, they will gladly throw Johnson overboard and install a new PM if they’re worried about winning. And once again, they’ll say it is a new government.

How do we fix things? Given that 160,000 have died from COVID on their watch, (largely through a combination of neglect, incompetence and ideology); and there is still no reasonable projection giving Labour a chance of a majority government - even though they are ahead in the polls, I don’t know how we rebuild democracy in this country.

10 Likes

They also went on to invade a play for children at the theatre and caused a lot of upset. Which is doubly-wrong when you remember they claim to want to protect kids.

Strangely, not a murmur from our usually reliable gobshite of a Home Secretary. I guess she’s more in her comfort zone comparing environmental protestors to terrorists.

11 Likes

And since a Blairite putsch combined with a media scare-story drove the real left-wingers out of the Labour party, we’re left (aha) with three right-wing parties. It’s enough to make you turn green.

5 Likes

Huh, and yet that person projects crap from their body that others have no choice to end up breathing in.

5 Likes

8 Likes

IKR? But, That’s their coice, yo. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Why not both?

16 Likes