Anti-Vax fraud still showing his movie in the US

Where’s the logic in making this film? It’s seems somewhat obsolete. The last VAXxes were manufactured in the early 90s. After that, 32-bit computers using the x86 instruction set became way more popular.

4 Likes

They’re still made but they really do suck.

2 Likes

Of course the guy in the picture is a Cardinal’s fan!

It makes me soooooooo happy that the Atlas Shrugged movie got it right in the kisser off the Invisible Hand. So. Much. Schadenfreude.

4 Likes

Have any the anti vaxxers not noticed that it you are not autistic then get the injection that you don’t turn autistic?

Untrue! Texas has high ethical standards… regarding shit Texans hold dear. They get all bent out of shape when one of their cops contracts a killing on one of their sports stars.

Texas should secede from the union.

1 Like

They don’t really understand how cause and effect work (that “adverse reactions” are just things that happen at a similar time to the vaccine), nor do they understand how diagnoses work (in that the rise of autism diagnosis rates compared to historical trends is because they were underdiagnosed in the past, were diagnosed as other conditions, or were not diagnosed at all due to relative poverty.)

The answer is that they’d have to understand how science and objective reality works to notice anything, I guess.

Hanging out with @Slybevel the last few weeks, I gotta say, Idaho is much worse from experience. Also, it’s completely legal to medically neglect your children to death in Idaho, as long as you say you asked jesua to play doctor and babysit.

2 Likes

Eh? Wakefield’s libel case in Travis County, Texas was thrown out and Wakefield ordered to pay all parties’ legal costs. What criminal action has he committed that could lead to a prison sentence anywhere in the US? AFAIK, the only illegal act he’s committed is falsifying medical research data, for which he lost his license.

I absolutely agree he’s a fraud and an epic asshole, but what would prison accomplish? Jailing people for lying about science seems…draconian.

Unless he’s done something else of which I’m unaware. Has he?

He should have his license to practice medicine revoked in Texas.

But he won’t, because they allow the practice of quackery.

What should they do? Not let him practice medicine.

Does he have a medical license in the US? According to this he lost his UK license and isn’t licensed to practice medicine in the US.

“Dr Wakefield, a gastroenterologist, told The Times that he was not practising medicine in the United States, where he does not have a licence, but was working on research as executive director of the clinic. His salary is understood to be almost £200,000 a year.”

It sounds like he’s continuing to sell his lies to gullible people. I agree he’s evil, but I don’t know that that’s criminal.

If, on the other hand, the article is wrong and he does have a medical license to practice in the US, I wholeheartedly agree that it’s a travesty and should be revoked immediately.

1 Like

Well, if he has no license, they should go after him for continuing to practice however he currently is? He’s obviously still banking on his same quackery somehow and using his former position as a physician to do so in a role as a current medical professional.

1 Like

Since my sister is among the unfortunately people conned by the anti-vaxxers, I’d love to see him shut down. But I tend to believe that the best way to debunk junk science is with truth. Some people will always believe bullshit, but those that can be reached can be reached via counter-signal. I’d shed no tear for him rotting in jail, but in my experience that would only increase his following.

FWIW, it infuriates me that he makes money off his fraud. Maybe there’s some way to convict him of financial fraud in civil court?

Nah, CAM advocates have great lobbyists in congress and I can’t see literal fraud being much of a dissuasion. Even if they were fined, their profits are huge.

The only way we can stop these people is with actual action by protection bodies.

1 Like

It’s no wonder Jesua can’t come back, he’s too busy babysitting!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.