Anti-vax TikToker is so far right she accidentally joins the left in hilarious video

Originally published at: Anti-vax TikToker is so far right she accidentally joins the left in hilarious video | Boing Boing

13 Likes

I love how she has the “I pwnd you idiots” face… when really, she just pwnd herself…

or however you say that word…

41 Likes

Well, she wasn’t really getting at making all those meds for free. To me it sounded like she was suggesting there was some other reason the Covid vax was free - like microchips in your blood or some other wonky fools belief.

11 Likes

I’ve seen variations on the same thing from right-wingers, essentially “If the covid vaccine is free, then why isn’t all this other stuff free?”

I don’t think they’re arguing that all that other stuff should be free if the vaccine is free. I think they’re trying to say that if all that other stuff isn’t free, then the vaccine shouldn’t be free either.

18 Likes

I think it’s all in the delivery, and in this case the manner in which she asks her rhetorical questions leaves the meaning behind them wide open to interpretation. She left the door wide open and the internet walked through it.

Nobody truly believed she was arguing for socialized medicine, but it would have been a shame had the opportunity gone to waste.

22 Likes

Yes, and that’s the funny part because so many people believe passionately in what she was delivering “ironically”. The really hilarious part is when she said “if the goverment really cared about people then they would be giving out stuff like that for free”. Yes, yes indeed. Not sure how this can even be interpreted as irony.

14 Likes

Even as a talking point, it is dumb.

The vaccine is free because “Herd Immunity” - which was a right wing talking point at one point! - is a thing for COVID and not Cancer.

12 Likes

If the vaccine is free as a public health good, so should all medicine. Simple really.

20 Likes

If chemo were free she’d probably be complaining about government chemicals or something, she didn’t “own herself” because these are never good faith arguments and are just constant strings of contradictory nonsense.

10 Likes

Horseshoe Theory in action

3 Likes

30 Likes

And education :slight_smile:

7 Likes

And H2o.

7 Likes

I only laughed after I stopped weeping.

2 Likes

My younger pointed me to r/SelfAwarewolves, with motto “Once in a blue moon redditors almost transform into self aware creatures. Almost.” This woman’s post is typical of the genre. Current top post is

45 Likes

doctor who GIF

22 Likes

I thought austerity was never ending here but once they tried to charge for water hundreds of thousands took to the streets and forced a humiliating climbdowm .

Now to get a right to housing in the constitution. That will make their blood boil.

7 Likes

And Voting. Ballots not Bullies!

7 Likes

Roger That!

7 Likes

Historic note: Insulin was discovered with very little funding by scientists/doctors (Banting, Best, et al) at University of Toronto, the investigators sold/donated their patent to the University for 1$. Much of the early work of chemotherapy was done with US gov’t funding (NIH, NCI), not at drug companies. I know I’m preaching to the converted, but I’ve been in a “well, we pay for chemo and insulin to pay for the research done the companies that originally did the work” argument.

16 Likes