Anti-vaxxer escalates from wishing children dead to threatening to kill adult lawmakers

Ahem, I think you meant “Full Stack Cyber Designer” .

All of them. Non-medical opt outs for vaccination are a fairly recent thing.

2 Likes

Ew! Minnesota is downwind of the Dakotas. They don’t deserve that.

5 Likes

Varnum compared The Vaccinate All Children Act to the Holocaust—a common trope used by vaccine skeptics.

This makes a certain kind of sense if you are conspiracy theory inclined:

1. Millions did not die in the Holocaust. Yes they did.
  2. Millions did not die because of vaccines.
  3. Vaccines = Holocaust.
10 Likes

cc @xhonk I am not tied to it being the Dakotas, it’s entirely negotiable.

How about New Jersey?

2 Likes

Can we please just split the US into two countries already.

The 49 United States of America, and Florida.

4 Likes

“I will fucking come down and kill your fucking ass. And you’re a Congressperson, that’s fine. I hope the fucking FBI, CIA and everybody else hears this shit.”

“The feds charged Darryl Varnum in late June”

So delicious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Instantregret/

3 Likes

It is, there’s Canada, and the bit with all the problems south of it’s border.

5 Likes

Holy shit this guy has a TS/SCI clearance. His next clearance polygraph (if it lasts that long) is not going to go well.

I’ve bounced from DOD contracts to Fortune 500 to start up and now I’m back at DOD contracting. They’re all more alike than one would realize (start ups are uniquely dystopian). I’m just shocked and amazed anytime I meet an engineer who’s a creationist/anti-vaxxer/climate change denier. I always assumed everyone had to take science courses in College. Yet there’s more of em than I ever thought possible.

8 Likes

Never underestimate the human capacity for self-deception.

8 Likes

This guy’s title needs more “crypto” and “blockchain”. Oh, and “asshole”. Seriously, is the incidence of assholery higher in computer and software engineering than elsewhere? Seems like every time I talk to some asshat with shitty ideas, they work more with computers than people.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I’m quite convinced that one guy who used to work with us faked his college degree on his resume. Or he’s the luckiest idiot in the world and faked his way through a degree.

4 Likes

Who’s the guy in the Beatles coiffure?

4 Likes

There was a time in the recent past when this would have shocked me.

7 Likes

We should just put the useless and stupid people in colonization ships to another planet, tell them “the others will follow soon, you get to be the pioneers!”

After that, all we have to do is be careful to decontaminate our telephones properly.

6 Likes

What about blockchain or is that out of fashion already?

1 Like
5 Likes

Dammit!

Ok, Senior Crypto-quantum-cyper agile network blockchain systems engineer of layer stack systems.

5 Likes