Antonin Scalia, 1936-2016

jeeebus… the crazy is strong with him.

1 Like

I think we’re saying the same thing.

Gotcha - I didn’t realize that. I really hope this whole topic (IRL - not here on this board) doesn’t get any uglier. I mean, wait till guy is six feet under and then nominate someone. And then each member of the senate does the right thing by evaluating the nominees credentials and then voting. HAHAHA who am I kidding it’ll be a war and a half.

6 Likes

Ugh.

I have a one question sanity test:

“Do you believe anything Alex Jones says is the truth?”

6 Likes

Does “Alex Jones and truth are independent vectors” count? He mixes truth and false quite wildly.

5 Likes

Divorced from reality. Then reality took out a restraining order.

18 Likes

Heee. I love that!

4 Likes

liberal presidency?

Even by American standards that’s a stretch

3 Likes

I was reading your original statement as if there were a force that necessitated the death of supreme court justices during a presidential term, and that in any given year there was a 25% chance of a passing justice. In theory, there should be a 25% chance, yes, saving impeachments or other unexpected circumstances, but I’m sure the experimental data is distributed a little more bumpily.

Not that there is any more meaning to the pattern of the passings-on of supreme court justices than there is to paint being flung to the wall.

I will show myself out.

1 Like

Do not listen to your intestinal bacteria. They are lying liars.

2 Likes

9 Likes

I’d vote Amtrak Joe

1 Like

Like, the cat entrails he reads?

4 Likes

WHHarisonn (of course) ,Taylor, A Johnson, and Carter did not appoint any justices.

Washington appointed 11; FDR, 9; Jackson and Taft 6 each.

One appointed by fdr served in my lifetime. And I was born in the 70s!

Correction: The president can nominate a justice. The senate holds hearings and votes whether to approve the nomination.

Except McConnell et al are saying that they’ll refuse to do that.

If they took the time to look at candidates and then rejected them because they weren’t acceptable to them (cf. Robert Bork), that would be one thing. A blanket refusal to even consider any nominations before any are even made is something totally different.

14 Likes

fyi: hearings are not required. Just a vote.

6 Likes

Scotusblog now think that Loretta Lynch will be the nominee put up to be rejected.

1 Like
16 Likes