Antonin Scalia, 1936-2016

(found on https://twitter.com/ecosmiths/status/699134397166047233)

7 Likes

what strange abyss of google alerts do you have set up to find such polished gems of utter insanity?

14 Likes

The scarier thing is how common that kind of thinking is. The Liberal Elites are apparently a powerful force of Darkness thatā€™s taking over this country! We want our country back!! etc. ad nauseam

9 Likes

Thatā€™s justā€¦ bonkers.

4 Likes

The Constitution clearly lays out the powers and responsibilities for each party. The Presidentā€™s job is to nominate appointees for the position, the Senateā€™s job is to provide ā€œadvice and consent.ā€

Vowing to block any nominee put forward by the current President even before any nominee has been announced isnā€™t ā€œAdvice and Consent.ā€ Itā€™s naked partisan obstructionism. There is absolutely no way a strict Constitutional Constructionist could interpret ā€œAdvice & Consentā€ to mean ā€œstall the entire process for a year or so until a member of your own party holds the White House.ā€

The President vowed to do his duty. The Senate Majority leader vowed not to do his.

17 Likes

I think you misspelt decade.

15 Likes

Is there any truth to the rumor that he died en flagrante delicto in a mutual pegging tryst with Clarence Thomas?

Too bad Thomas didnā€™t have a gripper too.

Christ what an asshole!

2 Likes

ā€œAlex Jones: Obama Murdered Justice Scalia And Donald Trump Is Next - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/alex-jones-obama-murdered-justice-scalia-and-donald-trump-next#sthash.goBtygg9.dpufā€

lol

These people slay me (pun intended) :slight_smile:

Sometime I wonder if people like Alex Jones just decide to see how batshit crazy a statement they can make and get people to believe it. Then again I also have met the sorts that fall for this insanity and it seems they fall for all kinds of kooky shit.

5 Likes

It worked well for Erich von Daniken and cohorts of others.

3 Likes

I think Jones, Beck, Limbaugh, Coulter, Trump et al spout this shit because it makes them money. I think their audiences believe it, I donā€™t think they do.

Maybe Iā€™m giving them too much credit.

4 Likes

Right. I have no doubt that these people donā€™t believe a word that they spew. It is simply a con. But their audience 100% eats it up. That is the scary part.

3 Likes

Limbaugh, Coulter and Trump yeah have always come across as this will make me ratings and pay checks.
Beck and Jones and more so for Jones come across to me as yes we really do believe this stuff.

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™d have to pay more attention to them to be sure.

Iā€™m not going to do that.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Conspiracy Theorists: ā€œ79-YEAR-OLD MEN DONā€™T JUST DROP DEAD OF HEART FAILURE!ā€

14 Likes

Florida gets 1/2 a vote, with the other half being decided by the annual Meth-Pig Toss at GatorLand.
$5 entry fee and players must do no less than three lines prior to tossing; also, players must swear fealty to Lawton Chiles 4Evar.

1 Like

something something daddy issues.

1 Like

:hushed:

Letā€™s be clear: Scalia was no angel. He was at a private party the night before and was probably eating unhealthy food like many old white people. I mean, he didnā€™t deserve to die, but hereā€™s a photo of him at another dinner:

1 Like