Antonin Scalia, 1936-2016

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

These ridiculous prognostications (if they even rise to that level) have come time and time againā€“Iā€™m still waiting for Obummer to come for my guns, and that was supposed to happen like forever ago. And wasnā€™t the fucken UN handover supposed to happen a while back, too? BO better step up the pace with all his takinā€™-over! Iā€™m beginning to think that maybe AJ and Breitbart (among a wide swath of others) havenā€™t been entirely honestā€¦

3 Likes

Are those butter balls, or are they enhanced polonium missile daggers?? You be the judge!

5 Likes

I heard he ate all three of them in one gulp.

3 Likes

Scaliaā€™s family do not want an autopsy, but perhaps Jeb Bush will over-rule them.
Has anyone asked Frist for a diagnosis?

2 Likes

Why would Jeb Bush, on all people, want to overrule them?

Iā€™m not a fan of his views on intellectual property, but otherwise I like Biden.

1 Like

Oh, but if it even gets out of the committee, theyā€™ll vet the hell out of it, because they fucking can. Because all the care about is sticking it to the LIBRUALSā€¦

2 Likes

As I saw somewhere today, the GOP Senators up for reelection in 2016 from states that Obama carried in 2014 are really not on board with the obstruction plan because they quite like having a job.

Edit: or perhaps not, since they are also worried about surviving their own primaries.

How to thread that needleā€¦

Do you believe this:

or this:

3 Likes

He has the honor of being the only Vice President from the past ten years who has not shot a man in the face.

15 Likes

Thatā€™s true!

1 Like

Good God. Scalia has a salad forkā€¦

WEā€™RE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, PEOPLE. SCALIA HAD A SALAD FORK.

Xeni, get the plane prepped and readyā€¦
Bob, get me Alan Jonesā€™ on the encrypted land line, statā€¦

5 Likes

More importantly, what happens when a bunch of liberal Circuit court decisions which have been appealed to the Supremes end up in a tie?

The lower court ruling stands, thatā€™s what. So, the Republicans will just have to watch all these liberal opinions become de-facto law until the next time they are challenged.

3 Likes

I blame Monsanto. They seem to be the hidden superpower these days.

3 Likes

There are no qualifications to be a Supreme Court Justice, education, age, or even natural born citizenship.

Thereā€™s also no set number of justices set forth in the Constitution, as the number has been set by the legislative branch, relatively recently, to nine.

Iā€™m actually rather surprised there hasnā€™t been a recent move to bump up the number of justices to 11 during a republican presidency to truly lock down the Court for several decades.

I wonder if maybe even the Republicans can see that an ever-growing supreme court would be pretty stupid.

Way way too much credit being given! Fear and insight are hard to do at the same time for most people.

Iā€™m just wondering how big the SC would have to get before everyone admitted that America had become a joke with no functioning justice system.

5 Likes

Iā€™m thinkingā€¦ 9

10 Likes

Donā€™t they call up Iowa for some jello-salad and a coin-toss?

5 Likes