Antonin Scalia, 1936-2016

Yes, and me too.

7 Likes

When was teh last time there was a Dem majoirty?

54 Likes

'91, before Thomas replaced Thurgood Marshall?

Of course, the teabaggers probably think of Anthony Kennedy as a Liberal.

Thatā€™s what I thought, this will be interesting to see the effects over the next decade.

He was a shameless ideologue who rendered shamelessly biased judgements.

IIRC, heā€™s the one who ushered Bush into office by saying, citing some precedent, that not stopping the 2000 vote count in Florida would ā€œcause harm.ā€ The harm it wouldā€™ve caused was to Bushā€™s chances of becoming president.

34 Likes

17 Likes

Obama should nominate HR Clintion. Sheā€™s already been through two decades of confirmation hearings.

34 Likes

Dance party! I found out just as a gay black neighbor was walking by me on the street. We should have broken out the booze.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve heard speculation that heā€™d like to be on it himself.

Maybe he can appoint himself!

4 Likes

Iā€™m celebrating by going to see Deadpool. Heā€™s a perversion of everything that old corpse held dear.

10 Likes

Hey Bernie, Iā€™ll make you a deal. Iā€™ll put HRC on the SC and clear your way to the oval, but you got to return the favor and nominate me. RBGā€™s been talking about wanting to retire soon, so itā€™s all good.

13 Likes

Is this 2016ā€™s way of making up for taking Bowie and Rickman?

34 Likes

How would Cruz react if Obama nominated Trump?

(do you need any actual qualifications for the job?)

4 Likes

27 Likes

Alternativelyā€¦

10 Likes

If Obama doesnā€™t get anyone confirmed, then President Trump will have to get the job done.

Bite your tongue!

11 Likes

There isnā€™t a strict limit to the number of justices is there? If O did add, he could technically add more than one couldnā€™t he? IIRC FDR tried adding but couldnā€™t get it past congress?

Sorry, gov/econ was ages ago & besides, I went to a public school in the states, so I never really learned this stuffā€¦

This is pure applesauce. Or possibly jiggery pokery.

Who will we turn to to create new ridiculous epithets?

10 Likes