Anybody want to help create (and work at) a place like Valve, but for everything and way better?

Some specifically useful things I can think of right off the bat.

• Writing/proofreading help
  • Help putting together some options for my last set of minor quibbles organizing groups that are using different sorts of voting systems
  • It gets a bit wonky when some are heavily consensus focused or a few other potentially unusual but effective approaches
  • Prettifying/rewriting skill
  • The handbook idea’s nifty, but there are a lot of other ways to present this
  • Pitching/connecting/contacting
  • I’m spearheading this and honestly have had a rough couple of years after losing my beloved. I’m probably not the best person to actually pitch this
  • Organizing
  • I in particular benefit from being herded somewhat
  • Leading
  • We could use somebody (or several somebodies) who’d happily be a figurehead, just so they’re on the same page
  • Supplementary documentation
  • We potentially have quite a bit because we’re talking whole life solutions and multiple options at every step, that’s a lot of ground to cover
  • Coming up with clever seed ideas
  • we know we have to start somewhat generic, but eventually if a group wants to form that does genetic research on velvet worms, blogs about strange animals, play Dragon poker on Thursdays, CAH on Mondays, and destroy watermelons with overpowered slingshots on the weekends, always dress in cosplay, and get to wear cooler gear based on how well they grind at genetic analysis then we WANT that option to exist!

There’s probably a lot more, but I figured it’d help to get specifics out there.

This belongs in the hands of a lot of people now that it’s got the framework nice and tight. My personal hope is that by the time you guys are done with it I won’t even recognize the bits I contributed because it’s all that much better. If I’m really lucky I’ve handed this off and I just get to tag along being amazed at you guys.

Oh, and @awjt, @AliceWeir, @Kimmo, @Ignatius, @Twelve_Twelve, @Sll, @miasm and whoever else was around then. This is fundamentally the same thing as the Coopernation idea, but tweaked to cover all the other bases and designed to happen now and quickly rather than wait for people focused on the cause, however noble that may be.

6 Likes