Anything Good going on?

I’ve got good prospects for two different jobs that would both broaden my resume and increase my salary.

16 Likes

Had a pleasant brunch with friends today, one of whom is Scottish and advised us on our trip there this April. Got a pretty good extended backscratch from the wifey last night. Sends me to transcendental places, I think by creating a physical white noise.

9 Likes

Our new adopted feline arrived today. She’s much younger than our other two, but I think the boys will get used to having a sister again fairly quickly. Thankfully there’s been a fairly minimal amount of hissing, although one of the boys keeps staring at her, then at us, clearly saying “Hey! There’s another cat in our house! Shouldn’t you be doing something about that?”

Here she is with me literally three hours after she arrived:

I think she’s settling in quite nicely, and it’s pretty clear she knows she’s gained a new servant.

22 Likes

I believe my son has those same pj pants, but it’s been too warm this winter for him to break them out. :neutral_face:

On topic: got 5 cords of wood delivered at about 13:00 on Saturday, had it all stacked and the driveway clean by 16:00 yesterday. For anyone wondering, that’s about 10 tons of wood.

13 Likes

11 Likes

I have a lot of really good cheese in the fridge. Stilton. Mmmm. Just typing that word makes me feel better.

13 Likes

That’s the universal bliss of cheese, my friend.

11 Likes

Might have secured help in getting my tablet re-cased because what I have is chipped and cracked.

Also I have lineage OS 14.1 installed on it thanks to some hard working folks keeping the nook HD/+ up to date.

3 Likes

My girlfriend vehemently disagreed with a talking head on TV the other day who said, ‘The way to a woman’s heart is with chocolate’. Her resonse was, 'NO! CHEESE!'
As for doing stuff, it’s time to make some more beer.

14 Likes

My partner would emphatically agree with that statement. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

One of my sweeties doesn’t like chocolate, but loves cheese curds. I happen to live in Wisconsin. Coincidence? I think not!

Even better: she’s lives in Louisville, KY. When I drive down to visit my mom in NC, I stay with my sweetie both on the way down and the way back. From WI I bring her cheese curds, from NC I bring her BBQ. I’m not quite sure how she worked that out, but she’s getting great food every time.

4 Likes

It was Australia Day yesterday; went for a sail with my old man on his quadriplegic mate’s catamaran. The weather looked sketchy at first, but it turned out to be a great day. The GF had a ball, particularly when dolphins showed up :grinning:

At the end of the day, my dad’s mate gave me a box of fireworks (contraband here) :grin:

12 Likes

Went through boxes of packed things. This included things from my great uncle who left me a few things. Most of it was junk or too worn but I have a newish pair of canvas shoes. Ralph Lauren polo brand. I got $90 shoes free, and they even work for my narrow feet.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.