AOC and Jamie Raskin livestreamed their reaction to seeing Mike Pence's brother proudly standing beside Jan 6 riot enablers

Originally published at: AOC and Jamie Raskin livestreamed their reaction to seeing Mike Pence's brother proudly standing beside Jan 6 riot enablers | Boing Boing

15 Likes

I know there’s a ton of people out there who can’t stand family members but holy crap this is a bit much in this example.

13 Likes

Nothing left to say regarding Gosar, time is now for action, expel that asshole from Congress.

P.S. Mike Pence was dumped in 2020 along with tRump Co. Adios scumbags…

17 Likes

I remember when I was chattering in some computer class in high school and my classmate Andre looked at me and said “ah Dave, you talk so much but you say so little”. That was a righteous burn.

13 Likes

Mispelling “rogue” as “rouge” is one of my favorite typos to see. I’m picturing these folks with rosy-red cheeks and overdone makeup.

Star Wars “Rouge Squadron” is another one I saw recently, and discovered there is indeed a group of Rebel League female pilots calling themselves that.

Anyway, might should fix that, now that I’ve had my fun :slight_smile:

30 Likes

I mean, you have Ted Cruz, that the President humiliates his family. And he goes to bat for him. And then you have this man, sitting next to people who were encouraging folks who literally wanted to harm his own family. I don’t understand it. I don’t understand it.

It’s more than just a pecking order, it’s the same dynamics as familial abuse. And I truly mean that.

18 Likes

What I’d give to have Fred Willard join in and have a running commentary about those gQp assholes.

11 Likes

Pink-skinned people so proud to be “white.”

10 Likes

Talk about your awkward Thanksgiving meals.

7 Likes

tim curry GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

16 Likes

12 Likes

I was kind of surprised to know that Raskin actually calls AOC “AOC” in casual conversation. Is that the thing? We have much fewer transcripts of JFK, LBJ, FDR, MLK in casual conversation, but I guess that is the way.

4 Likes

“In some parts of the world, they are eaten”

2 Likes

Congress really is just the most toxic high school in the country.

17 Likes

Great analogy, except that in Congress, it takes something much, much worse to get expelled.

14 Likes

Less than that Mike Pence himself pals around with them

8 Likes

IDK, but I saw an interview where Gaetz referred to AOC as “Alex” and it pissed me off more than it probably should have in a “My friends call me Alex, but you can call me Representative Ocasio-Cortez” kind of way.

13 Likes

good point.

3 Likes

Yes. Once upon a time, a RWNJ friend of a friend was complaining about teh furnerz, and advocating for a strong military to deal with “rouge countries”. That generated some fun responses.

9 Likes

Editor’s note: rogue’s gallery, not rouge’s.

10 Likes