AOL's “Digital Prophet“ Shingy gets a New Yorker profile

You may be surprised about the degree to which people can lack self awareness when surrounded by “yes men” and folks willing to pay them for the crap they spout.

for example, I have no doubt that Kanye West truly believes that he’s the greatest thing to happen to music since, well… Ever.

6 Likes

He needs a smoke machine for a keynote!?

Yes, but deep inside there must be some subconscious notion, eating his soul.

I mean this guy is like 40.

2 Likes

You sir, are much more of an optimist as regards the human mind and self awareness than I am.

5 Likes

Yes. Yes it is.

8 Likes

Little known fact: Shingy’s Grandmother was a fortune teller on the Titanic!

1 Like

We endorse some peacock espousing him or herself as a “futurist” or a “technology demographer” or a “technologist”, but brand another one a quack. Sometimes it’s interesting where that line gets drawn.

5 Likes

One works for AOL

4 Likes

I find pity is a much more helpful than disgust.

Be there in 10. I’ll pick you up in my Dodge Shadow.

1 Like

Who?

3 Likes

God God, I’l so glad I decided against the clear plastic eyeglass frames. Just look at the man.

1 Like

It’s Shing-o! The Shingster! Shingorama! Making up words. Feeling important. The Shingmeister! Shing-a-ling. Shing-a-ling-a-ding-ding-dong-dong-dong.

http://s293.photobucket.com/user/ladiesman365/media/Copyman.mp4.html

4 Likes

Exactly…digital profit…sees the tech future…works for AOL. Something doesn’t quite add up.

4 Likes

I feel the urge to give up tech and start raising goats to make cheese.

5 Likes

Unfriend, unfollow, goat up. Shingy knows all.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about this guy, so maybe I’m missing some history, but I can say that he looks like a nutter in the photo, but has a very nice presentation style in the video. I’d probably watch the whole thing if it wasn’t 2am.

Never heard of him either, but it sounds like he’s to AOL what Bez is to the Happy Mondays.

6 Likes

I’m glad that AOL was able to melt down and find something productive to make out of the one billion CDs they shoved down our throats. I would have rather they made a nice shag rug, but at least Shingy is easier for us to all share.

4 Likes

Vaporizers are much healthier.