AOL's “Digital Prophet“ Shingy gets a New Yorker profile

Yep. Hate to say so but that jumped out at me as insightful as well. The supplementary question I have though is: who is ‘everyone’ and does it extend to anything outside silicon valley startups? I’ve heard that term once before this, so I’m not so sure it’s as ubiquitous as is suggested.

Also it’s pretty easy for me to dislike anyone who presents themselves like this:

I’m more of a caffeine-free, gluten-free, raw-food sort of guy

1 Like

Dude. He is a super rich marketing guy who gets paid lots of money to repeat marketing jargon and wear silly pants. Feel sorry for him??? Someone else said they pity him. Puhlease. This guy is living his dream.

Thank you! ALL MARKETERS SOUND LIKE THIS. This guy just has a goofy hair cut and wears silly pants. He isn’t even that weird looking, as hipsters go.

He sounds like every other marketer. At least he has fun hair and silly pants.

1 Like

What a poseur!

2 Likes

Be careful – commenting on commenting on not knowing something… you risk entering the know-nothing singularity, and your ship may be torn apart from the irony waves…

BTW, I’m a pretty fast at the keyboard, so “taking the time to comment” didn’t appreciably degrade the quality of my life, so I think I’m doing OK, considering that I had more fun commenting than scrolling. But thanks for your concern!

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Sixty-seven posts and nothing about how this guy must be Skrillex’s father?

1 Like

AOL aren’t due to discover dubstep till at least 2027.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.