App alerts you when your fly is down. It knows.

Originally published at: App alerts you when your fly is down. It knows. | Boing Boing

2 Likes

So now I’m expected to spend a small fortune on “smart” trousers to save me the effort of looking down?

Not for me, thank you.

4 Likes

What if the app goes down?

7 Likes

How long before it’s hacked?

“Your fly is down. … Ha ha! Made you look!”

13 Likes

So what notifies me when I’ve forgotten to put on my pants?

13 Likes

The app alert that says “connection not found” presumably.

6 Likes

You have to pay extra for that.

5 Likes

Never Mind GIF by Scout Durwood

7 Likes

Sadly, as one gets older, apps like this become more and more important.

Waiting for one that will tell my that my glasses are on the top of my head.

Frustrated Cat GIF

4 Likes

The developers will then need to pull their socks up.

(And… button flies?)

1 Like

Pants not found. Abort, Retry, Ignore?

2 Likes

I’m sure it will survive the laundry just fine.

2 Likes

So we now come to discover that the notorious performance by Rudy Giuliani was just meant as a viral ad for this app.
And y’all were so mean to him…

I hope that the alert is something subtle, like this.

1 Like

Now, before I tell you dang kids to get offa my lawn, I will remind y’all that in my day we didn’t need no fancy computerized gimmicks and such to tell us the barn doors was open, that’s what the good lord made cool breezes for, and they was mighty refreshing too.

4 Likes

The old app was better, just a paperclip through the zip and around the top button.

6 Likes

Just two years ago (mere minutes ago in these pandemic times), I negotiated with and bought a car from a fucking used car salesman whose fly was down the entire time. Ugh. He could have done with something like this app.

1 Like

Yup. I’d like a ‘where did I put my vape’ one (why I could always locate a pack of cigarettes, but never know where that stupid little electric bastard is is a mystery for the ages). Also, a ‘who the hell is that person who just waved hello at me?’ one. And… And…

Okay, just a general computerised doohickey that can tell me what to do, and where all my stuff is, and what I’m supposed to be doing right now, dammit.

1 Like

So many haters here. I think this is a delightful idea and I’m glad someone figured out the details enough to actually build it. It’s not like this person is hitting up VCs or trying to crowdfund, jeez.

1 Like

Thanks to Covid, I wear real pants so little, that I do often forget to zip!