Apple fans hate easily-marred FineWoven cases

1 Like

I don’t hate it, but $60 is kind of insulting.

Isn’t that the case with a lot of Apple accessories?

I used to buy cheap ass <$15 phone cases n Amazon, but I got an Otter Case and have to say I think the bit extra is worth it, as it is better materials.

I used to have a Samsung S7 Active that actually had a beefier, metal case. IMO more companies should design them that way. yeah, the slick, glossy phones LOOK nice, but are terrible to handle, easier to drop, get scratched up, etc.Most people put them in cases making them bulkier and less “rich” looking. Build them more durable from the start?

1 Like

agreed. what’s the point of small thin phones if you’re just going to wrap a case around them.

i do find my latest phone is so slippery that even a phone call can send it skittering off a flat table. it’s only fallen a handful of times so far, and no scratches or nicks - not sure how long that can last though

1 Like

…way to go?

Clearly people who don’t have your level of success in avoiding drop tests of their kit might benefit from the protective qualities of a case.

2 Likes

As a complete klutz whose phone has taken a dive entirely of its own accord, a case has saved me thousands in repair/replacement costs.

4 Likes

Not everyone possesses your superhuman powers of manual dexterity. :smiley:

1 Like

“Vinylon is resistant to heat and chemicals but has several disadvantages: being stiff, having a relatively high manufacturing cost, and being difficult to dye”

Ironically, some of the most colourful dyes on the planet were also produced from coal.

There’s a reason why IG Farben was called that.

1 Like

Not really, no, unless you believe leather magically appears after a pig, cow, goat, etc., is skinned. Leather making is a chemically intensive process with a pretty terrible environmental record. I’m not wholesale against leather, the good stuff can last a lifetime and beyond with good care, but our eyes should be open when we buy such products.

2 Likes

So… Both my company-issue phone and my personal one are both in Otterbox cases appropriate for their models; I have bad dexterity, and rubber overmolding on the case helps me keep a reasonably good grip on them, and between that overmold and the plastic shell under it, both have survived being dropped onto concrete, tile floors, (in one case thrown into a wall) and other assorted abuse.

Does it make the phone more chunky? Yes, but I also have the plastic belt clips for both things if I’m feeling like bat-man, and they still fit into the pouches I have otherwise.

I pulled my old tablet out of it’s shell several months ago, and I’ve dropped it multiple times; thankfully, it was onto a padded surface, but still… There is such a thing as too thin, especially if you have dexterity issues and/or are a klutz.

How many wishes do you get?

“I wish I’d never bought this iPhone case…

…Ah, shoot, I should have wished for world peace first.”

1 Like

It’s so you know who to trust. After all, if they can’t keep their phone safe without a case, should you trust them with anything else?

/s
(Although I’ve never used a phone case, and I’ve never broken a phone either)

I miss the rjust case’s for samsung they dont seem to do them any more, but as some one with dispraxia i drop my phone a lot, and need a metal case!

1 Like

6 Likes

My partner works with leather, but only uses vegetable-tanned leather, which is a lot less bad for the environment.

4 Likes

That’s a phone cozy!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.