Apple fires misogynistic employee just hours after he was hired

I remember seeing something about that last year, but now all I can find is

3 Likes

I saw so many people advancing the fantasy that the pandemic meant they needed to have their guns ready to fight off ravening hordes, something they were well prepared for (especially to protect “their women”), but the reality turned out to be that they needed to be able to bake their own bread and sew a face covering, which they were totally unable to do (but “their women” were).

It’s a fantasy that keeps popping up and getting shot down - reading about preppers in Texas who had an expectation of societal collapse, but they still expected to have power and gas (and when they didn’t, all their tools, ability to cook and even their large stocks of frozen food all suddenly became useless). And I just saw the most ridiculous picture of two dudes filling up a small gas can somewhere during the recent gas panic (no car, just a gas container), one of them holding an assault rifle at the ready. Like, WTF are you expecting? That you’d have to fight your way through the line to get gas? (There didn’t seem to even be a line.) That someone would desperately try to steal your couple of gallons, and only a gun would scare them off?

8 Likes

That must be what I couldn’t quite remember

7 Likes

Full text of the mayor’s messages:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.