Apple iPhone XR: A Closer First Look [PHOTOS]

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/12/iphone-xr-photos.html

3 Likes

Looks nice.

sent from my iPhone 5s

10 Likes

What does the R mean? I missed this part of the keynote.

It costs.
One.
Million.
Dollars.

1 Like

oh and one more thing! we know we’ve let the Mac line languish, so as of today, we are refreshing our entire line of Macs, including the Mac Mini, MacBook, MacBook Air (retina) and we’d like to share with you this concept video of our new modular Mac Pro shipping in Q1-2019… lights please.

and then I woke up

4 Likes

I still have an iPhone SE. The pocket of my jeans is exploding just looking at these.

… wait that doesn’t sound right

6 Likes

OLED. You don’t get to rename existing things to make you feel special.

4 Likes

Yep, looks like a phone.

3 Likes

Mac updates, when they happen, come later in the fall, as do ipad updates. And these days updated Macs usually get just a press release unless it’s a major revamp. As for languishing, macbook pros have been on a once a year update schedule for a couple years now.

Welcome, traveller from an alternative universe where branding and trademarking is unknown!

3 Likes

Did I hear that aright? I thought the two top tier iPhone Xs are OLED but the cheap Xr is LCD thus ‘liquid’?

The EKG watch was pretty cool, but it’s just more gizmos. Did they even launch their wireless charger? yawn

It’s an LCD. The name is still made up, but at least “liquid” comes from somewhere.

1 Like

Soooo… it has been 540 days since the iPhone SE was last updated and some of us don’t want a phablet.

3 Likes

The SE has been semi-discontinued. Apple’s site says it’s “available from authorized resellers” and you can no longer buy it from Apple.com.

There are rumours of an SE 2. If it happens, it will probably happen in the spring, not the fall, and will probably just get mention in a press release rather than an event.

1 Like

Kind of a sad reminder that all of Apple’s new offerings since Jobs died have been incremental improvements (if that) rather than revolutionary leaps forward. The Macintosh, the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad all changed the way humans interacted with technology in pretty profound ways. I don’t even know anyone who owns an Apple Watch.

2 Likes

nice looking post

sent from my iPhone 6s

3 Likes

well its nice actually that the second tier iPhone is not just the old model, or a retread of the old model - this one has most of the new features.

My iphone (4) can no longer load the BB comment section but I can still internet just enough to keep me busy in a waiting room.

4 Likes

I’ve never owned an iphone and with each new release my desire for one of these things decreases but for those who own the 10, is that notch at the top as annoying as i imagine? It would drive me up the wall to see the image disappear behind it with those tantalising glimpses to either side.

1 Like

“iPhone?” I thought you said “eye foam.”

1 Like