Apple rumored to release 3 new 'iPhone 11' models in Fall 2019

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/23/apple-iphone-11.html

1 Like

Whats wrong with 3D Touch? Why replace it? Works well in my experience.

I think I can guess the answers: “Keep cost down.” and/or “Make the phone slimmer.”

1 Like

Also: “trick customers into thinking they need a new phone”

7 Likes

spinaltap11

8 Likes

Might as well name it the iPhone 1100 for how many dollars it will cost.

3 Likes

Okay this topic can be closed now as that pic is the winning post.

2 Likes

Wake me when a new iPhone model actually matters.

2 Likes

I wish phones, especially Android phones, would start offering smaller versions. I found my 2010(?) HTC Hero in a drawer a while back and it was tiny, just 4.5" long. A delight to hold, compared to my current Pixel 2. I understand the battery issues, but I’d trade some battery life for some pocket room.

6 Likes

It’s a great technology, but hasn’t been widely adopted by developers, is not used in apps consistently, and Apple never adopted it across other iPhone or any iPad models, so it didn’t become a standard. I don’t think it has anything to do with device thickness.

1 Like

We need new phones. Six years is a long time between new ones.

I’m always waiting for new models so they can lower the price of the previous ones… Maybe it means I could finally afford a base-model iPhone 8 to replace my broken 6…

2 Likes

Why not just make the iPhone X better?

2 Likes

People are still begging for a smaller phone for smaller hands and smaller pockets.

1 Like

I can think of a certain president that would love this.

2 Likes

There used to be a time that I would get excited about Apple™ releasing some new iDevice. I haven’t really felt like that since Steve Jobs passed away. Now it just seems like a new takes on the same old flavor of vanilla.

Too expensive. Case not proven. Court is adjourned.

i just want a fucking headphone port this 6s won’t last forever!

2 Likes

But which one is the real “iPhone11”?

Objection. You were holding court the wrong way.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but that’s not going to happen through Apple. You are likely to find an Android device that will meet your needs, but you will have to compromise between iOS and a headphone jack.

And really, why are people acting so surprised? Apple releases a new iPhone every year, why are people surprised that they’re going to release a new one?

1 Like