Apple’s next iPhones and iPads: Triple camera, 3-D back camera for AR, new Face ID, iOS 13 Dark Mode, new cheap iPad

FYI: the camera on the iPhone gives you full control over all of those things.

If you need to fine-tune more, an app like Obscura lets you do so.

If you don’t want a point-and-shoot camera, no cell phone will give you a manual focus ring.

1 Like

Thinking about it, having a single staff member who interacts with the computer would simplify the problem of having the computer parse speech from everyone on the bridge; especially during periods of high stress. Worth it to avoid a Bedford Incident.

1 Like

The iPhone camera APIs do expose manual focus (along with shutter speed and sensitivity controls [ISO] - though the aperture is fixed in hardware). The stock app doesn’t expose them, but third party apps like Halide do.

Great prank, especially with how well the iPhone XR does in low light.

1 Like

Jeans. My SE just about fits, but even that is a little uncomfortable when I am on my bike, personally, I think that the 4S was the ideal size.

1 Like

30 years out on phones smaller than chocolate bars and we have no good clothing solutions? I’mma go bug some other planet. [Aims fist for an exoplanet, uses other hand to tack on a skirt with 8 booster rockets.]

Waaaait, no cellie cameras have AF override rings, or we just never tried the rotate gesture on the fingerprint sensor?

2 Likes

f-stop ring, shutter speed dial, focus ring. Open the back. Put in the film. Cock the shutter. Pick the shot. Take the shot.

1 Like

True! I think Obscura lets you fiddle with that. My joke was more that it’s not exactly going to have a little rubber ring letting you twist the focus precisely by hand. Which would be cool.

F-iiii-lll–mmm? What is this substance? Is it like a SIM card?

2 Likes

Corporations, not people insist that voice control is the future, because they expect to increase advertising revenue considerably with it.

1 Like

Are you familiar with how very small the pockets in women’s pants are?

1 Like

Sorry – should have clarified that my comments applied to men wearing pants designed for men. You are 100% correct that would not apply to most women’s clothes (if they even have real pockets at all)

Noted, and thanks for the clarification.

Though for me, the big issue is still insufficient hand space, as my hands are even smaller than my pockets.

Sorry. Old school pro photographer here.

The iPhone itself is
“an unnecessary exaggeration”.

(Except the iPhone 6, according to my daughter).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.