Arachnothread

I am loving this thread. Yay, spiders! Thank you for catching and eating all the other insects that annoy me. You are my domestic assassination squad.

11 Likes

Not my video, the nature1upclose guy does a TON of nice videos showing natural behaviors, especially arthropods.

I did however, add the annotation because this particular set of interactions cracked me up. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

For a good laugh, do a GIS for ā€œmisunderstood spider memeā€. This one is my all time favorite:

17 Likes

Thatā€™s so damn adorable. I just want to cuddle with that guy.

ETA: and holy crap those Medium articles you wrote are amazing.

8 Likes

A friendā€™s recent pic:

12 Likes

Dā€™awwwww! Massive thanks! I got all blushy!

Iā€™m still waiting for us to start up the blog of commenters so I can contribute to the greater good! :slight_smile: @nemomen and I were going to start something on the side while we waited but the passing of Miss Pricklepants put that on hold a smidge!

6 Likes

This oneā€™s my fav! (Total bias since Iā€™m the one who memed it. I even remember where I posted the original!)

Huge points to Scott Thompson though with the original image, thatā€™s just such an adorable spider, isnā€™t it? He has another one that looks like the spider is making a stuffed animal out of a grape (itā€™s eating a grasshopper)

20 Likes

I love love love jumping spiders! Theyā€™re so damn cute!!

20 Likes

Those Harry Potteresque spectacles really make it.

4 Likes

And the lovely lashes! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Veronica: Linda, youā€™re in charge of the lab. I leave it all to you.

Linda: Me?

Veronica: I donā€™t like it down there. itā€™s chilly, the people are odd, and it smells like science.

Linda: Well, Iā€™m not a huge fan of that place either. Last time I was down there, i got chased by some weird eight-legged bird.

Veronica: Ah, the octo-chicken. We had such hopes for that

-From Better off Ted, the SF comedy that didnā€™t know it was one.

10 Likes

OMG. Better Off Ted is right behind Firefly in my list of shows I did NOT want to see end! that show was genius! :slight_smile:

Veronica/Portia was amazing in it!

10 Likes

11 Likes

I just gave all the spiders in my blouse a verbal warning the other day that any which remained would face chem warfareā€¦

Now I kinda feel bad.

Kinda but not really.

The ā€œblinkiesā€ label is factually incorrect. Their eyes are adorable without interruption.

7 Likes

Ok, I can understand letting spiders live just about anywhere butā€¦

9 Likes

Agreed. That show was awesome, and like so many awesome shows you just had to know it wouldnā€™t last.

Hereā€™s a compilation of all of the Veridian Dynamics commercials:

6 Likes

The octokittens are okay with this minor segue, they loved the show, too!

2 Likes

Octokitten got me thinking of Octochicken. Free association thingy.

Both the entirety of Firefly and Better off Ted have a permanent location on the hard drive attached to my Roku box. Those shows are always watchable when there is nothing on TV.

3 Likes

Rhaphidophoridae? Camel crickets/cave crickets/spider crickets? Ugly devils only have six legs, but it seems like more because of the antennae, buttspikes and extra feely mouthparts.

3 Likes