Archaeology Today

7 Likes

Crossposting this from the Workers rights thread. I wish these two topics didn’t overlap as often as they do.

7 Likes

The site used to be an oil refinery? And they make people crawl through the dirt without any protection?!? That’s at least negligent bodily injury, and someone needs to go to jail over this.

No wonder PaleoWest is hiring, if this is how they usually do things there must be somewhat of a staff turnover.

9 Likes
6 Likes

“Look upon my Wang, ye Mighty…”

4 Likes

So you’re saying dick pics aren’t a new, social media thing after all?

4 Likes

Nothing new under the sun

3 Likes

Four new geoglyphs were identified during this process. Of the four, they depict a human-like figure holding a club, a pair of legs or hands stretching more than 250 feet, a fish, and a bird. The new designs were subsequently verified during on-site visits.

Funny how that design trend in knife sharpening hasn’t held up over the years. :thinking:

7 Likes

“You want me to run this really sharp edge repeatedly and with some force across what now?”
(All men present wince and cross their legs by reflex)

5 Likes

Oh, I imagine the designers moved on to other tools and methods…

carrot GIF

:weary:

black and white poison GIF

:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

A combined knife sharpener and circumcision practice model is a bit specialized for most users.

6 Likes

Did someone mention, knife SHARPENING??

5 Likes

No. :expressionless:

7 Likes

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

6 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

6 Likes

1667d401-97db-48dd-aa36-66ae5c86555e_text

7 Likes

I think my ex may have been an archaeologist, she certainly loved digging up old problems.

6 Likes

Ah, zombie problems…

4 Likes

Maybe she was a necromancer?

4 Likes

Hmm…

Medieval practitioners believed they could accomplish three things with necromancy: will manipulation, illusions, and knowledge:

• Will manipulation affects the mind and will of another person, animal, or spirit. Demons are summoned to cause various afflictions on others, "to drive them mad, to inflame them to love or hatred, to gain their favor, or to constrain them to do or not do some deed.
  • Illusions involve reanimation of the dead or conjuring food, entertainment, or a mode of transportation.
  • Knowledge is allegedly discovered when demons provide information about various things. This might involve identifying criminals, finding items, or revealing future events.

(According to Jimbopedia, anyway.)

Did she use “a mixture of high-pitch squeaking and low droning”?

5 Likes