Archie's "new hipster look"

Can’t be good if it’s not expensive.

1 Like

The buried lede (overlooked lede?) is that they’re supposedly ceasing Archie Comics with number 666 to start over with this new series. Whether or not they stick with the new style will be interesting to see, and I’ma let you finish discussing that, but ARCHIE COMICS HIT THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST.

4 Likes

Archie has been doing a lot of playful parallel universes in recent years, not too worried about canon or violating the past styles of art or writing. Archie dies, Archie marries Betty, Archie marries Veronica, Afterlife with Archie (zombie apocalypse). Good on them. Let 1000 flowers bloom. If/when people don’t respond to the new looks or tones or stories, they’ll revert to the “classic look.” Or they’ll publish some of the classic look and some of the new look.

3 Likes

Plenty dangerous to one’s finances.

2 Likes

“When everyone’s a hipster…then no one is.”

6 Likes

Bad composition. The plaid shirt is covering the ironic T-shirt and the tattoos covering his upper arms. Also, from this angle you can’t see that he’s actually sporting a horn-rimmed monocle over his right eye.

4 Likes

Hipsters stopped being cool right around the time they were noticed by the mainstream.
/irony

5 Likes

[quote=“Mindysan33, post:33, topic:61378”]
I think at this point that hipster is an empty signifier, meaning whatever someone wants it to me…
[/quote]Careful, though. Around here, the proclamation that:

‘Hipster’ is a meaningless label. I don’t like labelling things…

…is, IME, pretty much the mating call of the hipster.

2 Likes

“horn-rimmed monocle” wins the internet today.

5 Likes

That guy doesn’t look like he could swing that axe if he wanted to. Look at those arms. I don’t think he ever lifts anything heavier than a grande mochaccino, or whatever hipsters are drinking these days.

2 Likes

My friend, fashion is danger.

4 Likes

“Posing… posing… posing a threat”

2 Likes

You’re still reading articles from the 1940’s about hipsters?

1 Like

I’m guessing that historians come across all kinds of cool things in the archives.

2 Likes

From before it was cool, you mean? :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m all about the '30s hipster articles.

In Estonian.

5 Likes

Hipster historians are in the archives, messing with your paradigms.

4 Likes

Hipstorians.

6 Likes

They’re presently in your past, messing with your future.

3 Likes

Why not? I’m finding out about Geordie anarchist flappers.

3 Likes