Architect's compliment may be a warning about his celebrity clients

Originally published at: Architect's compliment may be a warning about his celebrity clients | Boing Boing

1 Like

So, something like this?

:thinking:

9 Likes

Don’t be declassé, it’s not an estate if it’s <10 acres.

4 Likes

Why can’t KuKu Farms be a home and an estate?

3 Likes

It’s so refreshing to see fabulously wealthy and ultra famous celebrities slumming it like us plebs. Re-claimed wood and all…

Who among us doesn’t have a $20,000 chandelier hanging in their “Entertainment Barn”?

10 Likes

“It’s our ranch, and its our home”

(Sadly, Rev. Al Ridenour’s remix seems to have been taken down)

1 Like

Sure, if you want a cheaper chandelier you get the low end $20k one for that shabby-pleb vibe…

3 Likes

I think you can buy Lamps Plus, the corporation, for $20k.

8 Likes

McMansions gone wild.

3 Likes

If you hire an architect for clear water, you’re doing it wrong.

Now I want an entertainment barn.

1 Like

I dunno, if I were an architect billing by the hour, I’d be more than happy to spend time whiling away the hours drinking lattes and answering questions that are explaining my genius.

From all the architects that I’ve worked with, I think they’d like it too.

5 Likes

To be fair I’d probably be one of these clients…not like I’ll ever afford to build a custom house, but still. Maybe they just want a house that will last +50 years and not have sagging floors because it was spec’d at the bare minimum for deflection. Or a garage that doesn’t have cracked floors because you paid more for rebar reinforcement.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Like, if I’m already paying through the nose for everything, I want to know how EVERYTHING works, get everybody’s input on all the decisions, etc.

1 Like

Entertainment barns are a thing

Also angsty amish teens throw ravers in them too

2 Likes

God forbid I making a fucking joke.

3 Likes

Kucher is quite an inquisitive guy who’s made more than a few stellar investments… maybe he’s going to build barns! My cousins turned their real farm barn in New Dayton,AB into a wedding venue… then, covid.

1 Like

Man, that second transformation was a really bad idea.

How the fuck does someone turn a wedding venue into a deadly global pandemic?

4 Likes

Host a Trump rally there?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.