Arizona House of Reps kills bill that would let cops take your home if you planned a protest that turned violent

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/28/sb-1142.html

4 Likes

Let’s recall that of the four killed and nine wounded at the Kent State shootings, some were bystanders:

Some of the students who were shot had been protesting the Cambodian Campaign, which President Richard Nixon announced during a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.

7 Likes

I guess public shaming and pressure can work.

11 Likes

Yeah, but should the protesters themselves been shot?

7 Likes

A rookie state senator’s campaign was endorsed by Barry Goldwater, who’s been dead for 19 years?

4 Likes

I’m glad some law makers are standing up to authoritarian scum. What about congress?

6 Likes

No, the protestors themselves should not have been shot.

If you knew me better, you wouldn’t ask such a question.

1 Like

In a world of text, you are what you write.

8 Likes

Recalled. What does that have to do with the now-dead AZ bill?

EDIT:

I don’t know you. Would you mind expanding on your original post?

7 Likes

Fair enough… but I don’t actually know you… I could only go by what you wrote, I’m afraid. So glad to hear it. The problem was the state reaction to the protestors, I think we can agree, not the protests themselves, which are free speech expressions.

And @wrecksdart makes a good point - what connection are you attempting to make for us?

9 Likes

Please help me parse what you intend to communicate here.

I don’t have an agenda or a purpose to lay a “gotcha” on you.

I truly am not bridging the gap between the article on bOINGbOING and the article on Wikipedia.

What meaning do you wish to convey by their juxtaposition?

7 Likes

Decent Sobriety from the Mississippi of the South West?

It sounds like he was endorsed by this guy, not this guy.

2 Likes

###Arizona House of Reps kills bill that would let cops take your home if you planned a protest that turned violent

11 Likes

The scum congeals together.

1 Like

It’s amazing to me. They simply can’t imagine that a person who is being stripped of their access to health care would want to demonstrate. Nope, it must be George Soros.

6 Likes

This is good, but the existence of this bill is still troubling: it demonstrates just how insane these people really are, at this very moment; and having drawn so much support, it will reappear, sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Could you please clarify what point you are making with the Kent State article in this context?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.