Arizona prosecutor who falsely charged BLM protestors loses license and her job

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/06/arizona-prosecutor-who-falsely-charged-blm-protestors-loses-license-and-her-job.html

16 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

29 Likes

A new candidate for Biff’s AG if he wins. Vote Dem in November.

12 Likes

Local media! Local media! Local media!

I wish preserving it was as simple as saying it three times.

25 Likes

note that ABC News 15 says she made up evidence, too

IMO every person she convicted should look long and hard about whether this increases their chances of winning an appeal enough to be worth filing. If she made up evidence in one case, who’s to say she didn’t do the same in their cases?

23 Likes

Oh I’m sure some criminal defense attorneys are gearing up already. I would be.

23 Likes

11 Likes

Here’s hoping this news will convince more prosecutors across the country to reconsider how they charge protestors (and their supporters):

15 Likes

Unsurprising to see the same county that elected Sheriff Joe Arpaio a million times hasn’t become any less authoritarian.

13 Likes

It was a Barry Goldwater stronghold too, among other conservative politicians. But even that county couldn’t stomach Trump in 2020, despite Kari Lake’s conspiracy theories to the contrary.

13 Likes

i eagerly await the charges against her for violating people’s civil rights, filing false reports, and whatever else should surely result in significant jail time, right?

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.