Armed, uniformed Miami cop prowls polling site in Trump 2020 mask

You can’t fix stupid.

10 Likes

Frank Castle would probably have something to say about that image.

7 Likes

It doesn’t even look like he’s wearing a proper mask. If that’s one of the stretchy single-layer types, then it’s nearly useless.

2 Likes

Oh, I think they mean “this time Trump won’t bullshit us, re-elect him and he’ll be honest from now on.”

/s

7 Likes

Rotten meat served with a few bad apples.

8 Likes

True, true.

1 Like

Greenland wouldn’t let anyone from the US to enter. They may purchase the US, since the current management has devalued the place.

7 Likes
18 Likes

He also violated the law by ‘campaigning’ at the polling place.

29 Likes

“The officer will be disciplined, but the mayor did not specify how…”

One slap-on-the-wrist coming up.

13 Likes

no surprises. the surprise would be if the officer is actually, credibly disciplined.
Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez is currently running against my Democratic US Rep, Debbie Murcasel-Powell. He is a tRump lickspittle and a corrupt embarrassment. He has got to go down. Hard!

to think this will garner anything more than a “now, now, officer, let’s don’t be naughty!” response has their head in the sand

12 Likes

There’s a claim going around that he was “just” there to vote himself, and wasn’t going out of his way to harass others. Still totally unacceptable, but should get the details right if it’s true.

1 Like

This is, after all, Florida Man and heavily armed and with automatic justification to shoot anybody he pleases.

5 Likes

One might hold out hope that it is totally ineffective against the virus. One less Florida Man would be an improvement to the state.

Translation: he’s on paid vacation until the election is over.

8 Likes

What we have here is a Oxymoron

17 Likes

Voting for Biden?

2 Likes

While Colina and Suarez said Ubeda’s action were against “policy,” Florida law also forbids electioneering within polling sites outright— let alone while armed and in police uniform.

Here is an approprate part of that statute not listed in the above link:
“102.101 Sheriff and other officers not allowed in polling place.—No sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, or other officer of the law shall be allowed within the polling place without permission from the clerk or a majority of the inspectors, except to cast his or her ballot. Upon the failure of any of said officers to comply with this provision, the clerk or the inspectors or any one of them shall make an affidavit against such officer for his or her arrest.”

It doesn’t mention if the offense is a felony or misdemeanor; but it will be a surprise if anything other than the usual 2 week vacation with pay occurs.
Too bad. This employee deserves to be fired.

21 Likes

It pisses me off that police departments always take this stance of “We enforce the law, we don’t have to follow it.”

If anything they should be more obligated to follow the law not less.

14 Likes

The same way this guy does, I assume.

10 Likes