Armed, uniformed Miami cop prowls polling site in Trump 2020 mask

Private prosecution?

Hypotheses:
1-A knowing child has tricked their Trumpist parent into putting the other decals on
2-It’s the guy I knew from high school that wound up becoming an ardent Conservative supporter, but photo not from Canada, so very unlikely. Anyway, libertarian punks exist
3-what kind of punk drives a Mazda SUV? Honestly! (Not a hypothesis, I know…)

1 Like

You do know that “Kooler Than Jesus” is actually about Trump, right? /s

edited for autocorrect and to add that /s tag

2 Likes

I’d settle for ‘locked in a portapotty full of tear gas for a week and change with the occasional OC blast ball/flash bang tossed in’ but that’s just me.

2 Likes

Forgot your /s tag, but I’m giggling all the same.

2 Likes

yup.
makes some sense, at least here in Monroe County (FL Keys), where most of the county is unincorporated into townships or “cities”. I mean, several thousand islands (some inhabited), approximately 70K population on fewer than 30 islands, makes some sense.
Miami-Dade County? not so much. that county encompasses several cities with a population nearly 3 million, (Miami, Miami Beach, Kendall, Dadeland, Hialeah, and many, many more cities - all of which have their own mayors).
“County” mayors seem out-of-date, but in a county made up of an island chain, it is a strength.
Key West, Marathon, the “Village of Islamorada” (a city of 7 islands), have local councils and mayors.
it kinda works… I guess?

3 Likes

Wait … the trump campaign is selling face masks now?

4 Likes

perhaps it’s “Hey, Trump. No more bullshit. I’m voting for Biden.”

3 Likes

Either multiple people drive that car, or someone has the worst case of Cognitive Dissonance I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Or they just like stickers.

Neither would V, who saw themself as the living embodiment of the Revolution before an anarcho-communist society.

9 Likes

Why are we pretending this is a “rogue officer” instead of a piece of the Mayor and Chief’s new “election security measures?”

Wonder how many black or Democratic voters he turned away? And how many of his buddies are doing the same at other polling places?

4 Likes

I don’t really think we can assume anything about this … <waves hands> … whatever this is.

This is now my headcanon.

It has to be 2020s “But the Manic Street Preachers are a Christian band, they even have an album called The Holy Bible”

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, are people in the US familiar with the saying “You can’t educate pork”, or is it an English peculiarity?

Regardless, seems appropriate here.

It sounds more regional than just English. I don’t remember hearing it in Cumbria when I was growing up.

1 Like

I think this could potentially backfire, if you were to see the asshole wandering round you more likely to even get out and vote.

Question: Assuming he was on duty and voting, is it cool for cops down there to have political campaign merch on while on duty? If I were confronted by a cop wearing Il Douche gear, I would assume the worst instantly.

6 Likes

No. I may have buried the lede, but 3rd sentence:

And regardless of that, the officer broke two laws: political campaigning in uniform and doing same at a polling station.

9 Likes

It’s sad that I have to ask, but it’s 2020. Is this image satire or was it in use by some group?

4 Likes