Army officer with smallpox and anthrax vaccinations says he's quitting because Covid vaccine restricts freedom

That was my immediate thought. That, or a Newmax gig.

6 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

8 Likes

Sounds like an absolute idiot. And if didn’t get that signed Fox contract before resigning, he is even more of an idiot than that.

4 Likes

Well, he absolutely does have the ‘freedom’ to do this.

It’s stupid, hypocritical, and both morally and intellectually inconsistent, but not one single person has said that he can’t do this, so I guess that’s ‘freedom’ from his POV.

Best of luck finding a job in the private sector that doesn’t have the same requirement within a year. Oh, and we are totally keeping your retirement benefits, so I hope you weren’t gonna rely on those while you refuse to get vaccinated for a job.

8 Likes

Military flounce.

3 Likes

Yellow fever vaccine was eventually administered to all US troops in the Pacific theater, had much less testing than we have now with covid. The Yellow Fever Vaccine: A History

12 Likes

He also thinks that Marxism is taking over the military and US government, so… alrighty then.

12 Likes

Exactly this. I know that many new job postings are already stating that vaccination is required. Since it will be a condition of employment stated in the posting, you’ve got no chance of being hired without being vaccinated.

4 Likes

Drawing his crooked line in the sand which looks very much like an E + R.

5 Likes

I wonder what he was being investigated for? Seriously, one has to be a USDA certified grade AAA idiot to retire with just 2 years left before the 20 years are up, unless you have a too sweet to turn down gig already lined up, or you’re in some pretty hot water. Especially at his pay grade, the biggest danger he faced was dehydration or a paper cut. Maybe bad coffee.

16 Likes

It really is… despite the fact that Trump has endorsed and encouraged vaccine use. They’re loyal to 2020 Trump, not 2021 Trump. But if he were still president, they’d be beating each other up to get jabbed.

5 Likes

Freedom’s just another word for rules should only apply to you

7 Likes

Do they know that George Washington required his troops and all troops passing through Philadelphia to be inoculated against smallpox?
https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Washington/03-08-02-0281

Or that the state of Massachusetts was the first state with mandatory vaccinations on the books, in 1809, with other states quickly following? And the MA laws were challenged 100 years later, in 1904 and the supreme court decided (7-2) that vaccine mandates are constitutional.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

We’ve been mandating vaccines since the beginning.

11 Likes

Truly. How is the mandatory COVID vaccine violating his freedom any more than the other, long, long list of mandatory vaccines they pin-cushioned into him?

(I know the answer: he’s a hypocrite.)

5 Likes

I remember the line in basic training. sleeves up. A couple person on each side of the line with pressure injectors to hit both shoulders at the same time. Decline the shots, get a dishonorable discharge.

Ahhh… Good times.

21 Likes

He went on Hannity’s show to talk about it. That’s really all we need to know about why.

13 Likes

Missed in this discussion, it’s deeply weird for a guy in the military to complain about freedom.

Being in the military is literally giving up your freedom. If you get a tattoo, they can prosecute you for destruction of government property if they want to. (And this has happened before)

7 Likes

I had a relative who got a whole slew of shots on his way to Vietnam. The navy corpsman neglected to fill out the vaccine record, so with military efficiency he got the whole regimen again and was sick as hell for two weeks.

This guy’s action is not the flex he thinks it is.

4 Likes

The magic of CRISPR technology is that it is able to target specific freedumbs that other vaccines roll right off of.

Old-fashioned vaccines that are also mandated have no impact on personal liberties. It takes advanced technology to pinpoint conservative values so effectively.

14 Likes

That makes no sense. He could have taken the vaccine and expressed the same “principles”. Why didn’t he?

4 Likes