Arrest warrant issued for Putin

But Ambassador Van Schaack has a more optimistic outlook: "Putin and will enjoy some impunity while they stay within Russia, but what we have seen is perpetrators don’t stay within their home states. They want to go shopping in Europe or go on vacation somewhere, and they get identified, and then the law enforcement is activated.

Putin has others do his shopping while he stays put in Russia at one of his many palaces. His cronies have to be named as co-conspirators in his international child-trafficking.

ETA: I’d love to see the ICC designate the leadership of the Putin administration, the FSB, the GRU, Wagner, and the general staff of the Russian military as criminal organisations. There’s precedent for doing this, one that closes a lot of loopholes these scumbags use to escape consequences.

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/judorg.asp

19 Likes

International Criminal Court issues arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin

vladimir-putin-laugh

18 Likes

I keep hoping Ukraine will bomb his Black Sea “corruption palace.” That whole area is probably super protected by Russian military and the FSB but they could find a way through.

17 Likes

Seems like I’ve read that Putin never spends any time there (anymore), though, maybe because it got revealed. He probably just had another crony funnel $60 million of government money into building another palace (or two, or three) somewhere else, and preemptively made sure any potential whistleblowers fell out of windows…

7 Likes

The palace was reportedly gutted because of mould. Friendly journalists were allowed in to take photos that would “prove” that it had never been completed and its luxurious interiors never existed.

7 Likes

Publications should adjust their style guides to refer to Putin as “internationally wanted fugitive” from now on. But of course “хуйло” is still acceptable for brevity.

10 Likes

“Now you will face justice.”

6 Likes

… if there were ever a palace coup in the Kremlin it seems unlikely Putie would live long enough to see the inside of a courtroom :confused:

5 Likes

If that’s not a war crime, the term has no meaning.

8 Likes
10 Likes

For me it’s more a symbolic gesture. Realistically it’s probably not worth risking any lives on.

4 Likes
4 Likes

by holy 1913 he means this sort of thing?

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to a “very special episode” of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

@Surprise_Puma

FIFY. The only negotiation can be, when will Russia be out of Crimea? Also, the war didn’t “begin”, it was started, and it was started by Russia.

10 Likes

Would that be before or after Putin is delivered to Den Haag?

4 Likes

Russia is keen on negotiations, on one condition:

But Moscow has insisted Kyiv must first accept Russia’s annexation of Luhansk and Donetsk in the east, and Kherson and Zaporizhia in the south. There can be no peace plan “that does not take into account today’s realities regarding Russian territory, with the entry of four regions into Russia”, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

4 Likes
8 Likes

… sounds like the cost will be damage to the ICC’s reputation more than anything else

South Africa is not some nonprofit NGO that has to worry about what the cool kids think of it

2 Likes

You mean that the ICC damages its reputation by doing its job?

4 Likes

… expecting Putin to be arrested, and expecting South Africa to lose face if they don’t do it, are two different ways of failing to understand how the world works

2 Likes