Mueller indicts 12 Russian military officers for election hacking, says DCLeaks & Guccifer 2.0 were Russia intel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/13/indictment-friday.html

15 Likes

Who says journalism is dead?

“Prosecutors for U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller visited a federal magistrate in Washington on Friday to return a grand jury indictment, CNN reported, citing an itinerary posted outside the courtroom.”

“Hey Johnny can you go down to the courthouse and check the bulletin board?”

12 Likes

ISWYDT!

(And I like it.)

18 Likes

No effect on votes?? WTF?

7 Likes

"And in addition to charging Guccifer 2.0, Mueller could also charge anyone who conspired with him or aided and abetted him. One feature of the Klein conspiracy theory is that Mueller need not show that the co-conspirators were involved in the hacking, as long as he can show that they agreed that the emails would be disseminated afterwards, since the crime is not based on the computer intrusion, but on the disruption of the election."

19 Likes

Fun fun fun!

Also, I doubt that back piece of Nixon is going to get him prison cred out in the yard

7 Likes

Donny Two Burgers and The Poot will have loads to talk about at the upcoming meeting.

8 Likes

That’s intentionally neutral phrasing that can and will be read as an affirmation of the negative by those who want to interpret it that way. Trump supporters will say, “see? Rosenstein said there was no interference!” But what he actually said was that there is no allegation in this indictment about the interference, not that interference didn’t happen - they’re just not saying anything about it here.

Edit: Yep, I found some Trump supporters on Reddit using this quote as proof of lack of collusion.

19 Likes

062a05bc20591bd2f2bedcd262188867

10 Likes

As Mister Trump and his wife greeted the Queen of England

Oh, so they finally made it, did they?
https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1017800400399929344

I especially like this bit:

That sounds like… collusion. (Is it still collusion if it’s done right out in the open, via public channels?)

15 Likes

The fucker kept the queen of England waiting?

How unsurprising; what an insufferable asshole.

25 Likes

Wait until he shakes her hand…

11 Likes

Can we stop calling this “meddling” now? It was internet-based warfare.

I’m sure we’ll have one or two new users (and probably a couple of old ones) show up in this thread to argue the opposite and suggest that you give news sources like RT and Infowars a fair hearing on the topic in the name of freeze peach.

12 Likes

Nah wait till he cracks a “joke” about how if she was younger he’d bang her right there.

15 Likes

33 Likes

Well fair do’s - if they have the goods then they have the goods. I will watch the court case with interest.

Still, one cant be too impressed with CrowdStrikes work. The indictment says the moved to secure the servers in May and they were still being accessed in October.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see Glenn The Useful Idiot Greenwald’s contorted reaction to this: “deep state!!!1!1!!” “bbbut MSNBC are liars!!1!1!1” and “hey we have done this to other countries so…”

6 Likes

He only respects royalty that can (and do) have their subjects murdered on a whim or held indefinitely without charge.

14 Likes

Is jealousy really respect?

6 Likes

Mister is the proper title for any president of a democracy. The time to worry is when people start addressing him as Emperor Donald I.

4 Likes