Mueller indicts 12 Russian military officers for election hacking, says DCLeaks & Guccifer 2.0 were Russia intel

It’s sad to see this guy’s brain continue to fall out of his head on live television. Even if he’s skeptical of collusion, how does he think it’s a good idea to keep appearing on Fox? How is that helping a progressive cause? Doesn’t he see that he’s just being used?

4 Likes

so do these exist as trading cards anywhere? because I seriously want to collect the whole set, they can add these 12 and then Michael Cohen and everyone else pending indictment (there are 35 pending, seriously)

remember how they had playing cards in Iraq War of all the admin in the government? well we’ve got our set now and you know who is going to be the King card (or Joker)

6 Likes

so I just read the wiki about how indictments in the US work, but it didn’t answer my question
a grand jury makes the decision to formally accuse the perpetrators of a felony or felonies: that’s an indictment. this bit:

To protect the suspect’s due-process rights in felony cases (where the suspect’s interest in liberty is at stake), there is usually a preliminary hearing, at which a judge determines whether there was probable cause to arrest the suspect who is in custody. If the judge finds such probable cause, he or she binds, or holds over, the suspect for trial.

is the only place where it (indirectly) says that the suspects are arrested and held, but it seems ambiguous.

If [the grand jury] find the accusation true, which is usually drawn up in form by the prosecutor or an officer of the court, they write upon the indictment the words “a true bill” which is signed by the foreman of the grand jury and presented to the court publicly in the presence of all the jurors.

Sounds like it is publicly announced to the court before they’re holding the perps? I mean, it seems stupid to announce an indictment before you have the perp in hand, but it leads in to my greater question:

How does one diplomatically hold these Russian military officers? wouldn’t they have immunity? Won’t Putin just say “hey, gimmie my guys back and I’ll deliver Snowden to you”? Won’t the perps just get on a plane? Are they even in our country at the moment? Surely they don’t expect Putin to extradite? So this is just an announcement to shame Putin: “Hey, we have proof now.” ? Or, they get that these 12 russian military officers will never actually stand trial but the formal evidence has to be announced in this way before they go after the links to the Trump administration?

Bottom line: are they holding these motherfuckers or not? What good is announcing an indictment on folks if they 1) aren’t even in our country to arrest, or 2) are here but probably have immunity or if not are guaranteed flight risks?

2 Likes

I’m not sure about that. I imagine if say, Rachel Maddow or Wolf Blitzer made a point of continually referring to him as Mr. Trump, rather than President Trump, republicans and other media figures would throw hissy fits.

I think we’re long past the time to worry. Look, just for starters, at what these fuckers are poised to do to the Supreme Court.

7 Likes

He’s such a cautionary tale about the dangers of being convinced that your enemies’ evil is evidence of your own righteousness in every endeavor.

3 Likes

They don’t, especially if they’re not in the U.S. to begin with. In that case the U.S. can issue arrest warrants through Interpol, which limits the travel options of the individuals. If they’re in the U.S. and are diplomats they do have immunity and can leave, but once they do they’ll have their diplomatic credentials revoked and will then be subject to arrest and Interpol warrant. If they’re in the U.S. and they’re not diplomats they can be arrested.

What happens later (e.g. a spy exchange) depends on circumstances.

Yes, and to put Il Douche on notice that Mueller and Rosenstein and the various state AGs are closing in on him and his minions (some of whom may be encouraged to flip when the names of the indicted Russian officers are connected with them in regard to collusion).

14 Likes

“We had to let Johnny go. Is there anything on the gram about it ?”

1 Like

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

The USA likes meddling in other countries elections. Now they got a taste of their own medicine.

It get’s especially funny if you remember the 2009 coup d’etat in Honduras. Not instigated by the USA but Clinton as Secretary of State has worked to fend off efforts by neighboring democracies to restore the elected president to power. Oh the irony …

4 Likes

It’s not an exoneration. It’s a statement of what’s in the indictment.

1 Like

And many of these countries don’t have laws against it, yet.

speaking of “America using cash to steer the outcome of elections” just a reminder that unlimited dark money is now 100% legal thanks to the stacked supreme court, so even though Russia is now “caught” and will be watched in the future, it doesn’t matter, they can just dump $100 Million or more into whatever candidate they deem the most likely to disrupt the country

they don’t even need to do it on the national level, in fact since that will be the most closely monitored, they may just shift to congress, house, senate and even governors, heck why not drill down to the mid-sized cities and pick the most destructive candidates

if the dems ever regain control and they don’t immediately pass laws requiring documentation of all campaign money because they think secrecy somehow benefits them too, well then I guess we deserve this

ps. apparently this indictment/report contains clear evidence the Russians did indeed go after state, congressional and even local elections - they really were trying to cause as much disruption as possible - makes you wonder if it’s not Trump’s election we should be paying the most attention to but rather some elections in the house and senate around the same time

10 Likes

On the one hand, true. On the other, the dictator you know is better than the one you don’t.

Good for Mueller; but I’ll be more impressed once he starts racking up convictions that stick.

That said, yes; the US has done some truly horrible shit to the rest of the world throughout its’ post-colonial history.

It’s an unpleasant fact that our leaders have often been the architects of much of the fuckery that’s currently going on in the world.

However, 2 wrongs (or even 2 million of them) don’t make anything “right.”

11 Likes

For comparison, I have always heard Mr. Obama called, respectfully, Mr. Obama.

Good news Mr. Stone; you can finally get that prison tat of Nixon on your dingus.

1 Like

Hmm. I dunno.

This isn’t the proverbial hill I’ll choose to die on. Studies have probably been conducted on this issue of presidential nomenclature – interesting topic (to me anyway).

1 Like

There’s five guilty pleas already, IIRC, and Manafort’s rapidly running out of attempts to delay or divert the courts. And I’m sure there will be more. (Roger Stone looks like someone who’s going to be in enormous trouble soon.)

10 Likes

9 Likes

Yeah, fuck that guy.

13 Likes

Ewww…

12 Likes