Mueller indicts 12 Russian military officers for election hacking, says DCLeaks & Guccifer 2.0 were Russia intel

I always thought, and for sure I could be wrong, that using a term like Mr. was considered polite enough when referring to a President in the third person whereas when addressing the President it should either be in the form of Mr. President or President [name]. Only adding because damn it now I’m curious.

3 Likes

Outside, during what is for them a record heatwave, no less.

Normally, I’d assume, because of how little control a president has over his schedule and travel arrangements, and what kind of issues can come up, that he wasn’t responsible (nor even his staff, necessarily). But this is Trump, and he’s pulled this shit before. (Although I say “he” when it’s also impossible to distinguish Trump and his inept team - though the sloppy ineptitude and hostility of his team are also his responsibility. He constantly doesn’t seem to known protocol, and it’s hard to know how much is his team not knowing enough to educate him, and how much is his unwillingness to learn or desire to ignore it.) That all of the UK was protesting him (250,000+ people, the biggest protest of a foreign leader, ever), I could see Trump engaging in various micro- and macro- aggressions towards leaders in response.

11 Likes

Not even yandere style?

2 Likes
1 Like

Prediction: Trump’s next stop after Helsinki is St. Petersburg. He’s going to defect rather than face future indictment.

8 Likes

But Bohemian Grove starts in a couple days. Doesn’t he have an invite?

4 Likes

Not even with Steve Bannon’s decrepit dick.

5 Likes

yeah, I’m not sure who the “we” is in “we do the same tonother countries.” but if those whatabout police ever catch me even tacitly approving of any of the shit the CIA gets up to, they’re welcome to bring me up on charges…

11 Likes

FAKE NEWS

MOOSE AND SQUIRREL

1 Like

I notice the names of several people indicted today end in “vich”.

Do you know what that makes it?

Yep…a Vich Hunt!!

(Yeah, I stole that from a guy on twitter.)

5 Likes

Don’t even get me started.

As a woman of color in this country, it’s not like I had any actual say-so in any decisions TPTB have made in my lifetime, let alone before then.

I quit believing the “America is the greatest country on earth!” bullshit propaganda well before I turned 18… and since then, I’ve made the constant endeavor to keep educating myself about the decaying state of the world, and how the machinations of the US government has fostered the status quo.

8 Likes

That poster should be…posted…somewhere. Awesome.

3 Likes

In general, if a Russian is indicted in the US, then nothing happens to them until they are arrested and extradited to the US. Of course, they would first need to visit a country that was willing to execute an arrest warrant and arrange extradition; Russia is unlikely to do either. If they happened to already be in the US, on diplomatic passports, then the same applies (the US can expel them but not arrest them).

In practice it just means these people go on the growing list of Russians who are in danger of being arrested if they ever attempt international travel.

8 Likes

Right, I mean, that’s what I was suspicious of. That’s why I don’t really get it. It sounds like a win, but it’s basically nothing.
OTOH, it’s basically all they can do, so it just is what it is, I guess. At least they got hard evidence. Even if they can’t really bring anyone to justice, the evidence will be useful in more investigations, I’m sure.

That would explain how Gohmert got there, among others. But then again, nobody ever lost money betting on the stupidity of the general American electorate.

1 Like

Record length, maybe, but it’s nowhere near the record temperature (38.5C, 101.3F). The problem is that Britain is usually humid.

Even so, leaving an elderly person standing around waiting at any time is really shitty behaviour. It doesn’t matter who they are.

4 Likes

Trump’s inane weak response:

Right. What was Obama supposed to do, shut down Facebook and Twitter, disqualify Trump?

8 Likes

Ouch. That’s like you or me pimp-slapping somebody.

4 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-britain/trump-to-play-golf-as-he-preps-for-putin-summit-amid-russian-meddling-claims-idUSKBN1K409H

When asked at a news conference on Friday whether he would tell Putin to stay out of U.S. elections, Trump said “yes.”

The president also indicated he did not expect much progress on the issue. “I will absolutely bring that up,” Trump told reporters. “I don’t think you’ll have any ‘Gee, I did it. I did it. You got me.’”

On the contrary: “Yes, I did it. I did many things in your favor. It would be a shame if the full extent of that were leaked. So in this meeting we will play nice, yes?” However, in Trumpspeak I think “absolutely” means “no, never”.

6 Likes