Arrested Oregon militia leader tells occupiers to go home

I’m in agreement with the others in this thread who feel he may be trying to mitigate his legal liability here.

4 Likes

Quite likely. But also, seeing his brother and his fellow terrorist shot may have given him that dose of reality that has been sorely lacking in his life.

4 Likes

Let’s hope not.

You want to know something really funny? You seem to be taunting me by saying I’m perpetuating a meme of government tyranny. Someone else is trying to show me that it does happen, but not to this guy because he’s white. WTF? Could the two of you go fight it out and leave me the hell out? Heck, the two points aren’t even mutually exclusive. But since you are both so trigger happy, just assume you are saying opposite things and have at each other.

Or grow up.

I can’t believe that a video gamer from Ohio who appears to live with his parents (an assumption on my part, after he said he came out to the refuge while his parents were away on vacation in Costa Rica) has any interest in the fees paid for grazing cattle.

He seems like a sad figure who has translated his failures into an idea that white men are oppressed.

Or he could be Kylo Ren.

7 Likes

1 Like

Mod note: Stay on topic.

Spotted this

4 Likes

It’s good for keeping the rain off too. Not as good as a Tri-corn, IMHO, but you get less looks with that sort of hat.

1 Like

it’s true, he does rock that look. at least it’s working for him – not a lot of people can pull off a hat like that.

1 Like

Heh, true. Very true. Geez, that’s sad. I’m now wondering: if a person believes they have nothing to live for, do they start looking for causes to die for?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Update (3 p.m.): About 30 state and federal vehicles went through roadblock seven miles north of refuge headquarters about 2 p.m. and included four armored vehicles that appeared headed to the refuge.

Also, three speeding Oregon State Police vehicles went through a roadblock heading toward Burns.

Shortly before 3 p.m., two Oregon Department of Transportation vehicles were seen going through the roadblock — including one with a crane.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/34002620-75/update-dozens-of-federal-state-vehicles-head-toward-refuge.html.csp

2 Likes

Originally, I had thought Bundy was just succumbing to authorities’ request in order to gain leniency.

But, the “narcissism” motivation makes so much more sense!

I imagine that he’s overjoyed there was a casualty in the takedown. He gets to ghoulishly use the death as a martyr in his bid for attention and relevance.

1 Like

i think it could be a good thing. if folks feel less empowered within the militia – ie. if they’re looking towards a leader – they’re probably less likely to start trouble on their own.

it would allow them to save face, let go of “the cause”, and carry on with their lives as before.

1 Like

In another thread didn’t I say someone should tell them to go home and hug their families?

I guess I work in mysterious ways.

2 Likes

Wait…you’re from Oregon. When did you pack up and move…? Do you own a cowboy hat?

Are are the Palo Alto photos fakes to throw us off the trail?

5 Likes

The long con has been in motion longer than anyone can imagine!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.