Arrests made in Somerset gimp mystery

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/26/arrests-made-in-somerset-gimp.html

5 Likes
7 Likes

We call that Tuesdays where I live.

8 Likes

No further shenanigans have since been reported.

Shenanigans - Word of the Week

To call shenanigans means someone is accusing someone else of cheating, being deceitful, or in a less serious meaning , of being incorrect. Example: “There is no way that you have 4 ace cards. I call shenanigans .”

9 Likes

obligatory https://youtu.be/9ZCzJRXvpCg

2 Likes

Was there a Lords of Acid concert in the area?

4 Likes

Are you sure this was Somerset, not Scarfolk?

17 Likes

Was the arrest just part of the plan?

2 Likes

I really didn’t need to know that about you…

6 Likes

Oh it’s not me!! It’s just the neighborhood on Tuesday nights.

Now Harry Potter role play Thursday’s…that’s totally my bag.

9 Likes

Less Lovejoy and more League Of Gentlemen I think…

13 Likes

I guess if someone was really into masochism then being the one guy in lock up wearing a gimp suit could be quite the experience.

6 Likes

“Approaching” is a very menacing word without a clear meaning. Was this person making sexual overtures towards strangers or just walking down the street minding their own full-body-leader-clad business?

14 Likes

See also: South Park

2 Likes

Curious: the word “gimp” is a well known derogatory slang for someone with a physical handicap, how did it become common for this particular fetishist? Not being part of that crowd I first heard it in “Pulp Fiction”, the infamous scene with Zed (underrated actor Peter Greene). Did the film popularize the term, or does the term predate the film?

2 Likes

To answer your question: gimp suit

3 Likes

Gimp is also an ornamental material for trimming dresses.

It is not used to make gimp suits.

3 Likes

Some then speculated the area had been plagued by the gimp for years

That’s some quality urban legend shit, right there.

Yeah, the ambiguity struck me there. There’s a pretty huge difference between those two scenarios - one quite menacing, one just someone who happens to be spotted living their weird life in public.

6 Likes

My old neighborhood had a guy that used to go jogging wearing nothing but skin colored booty shorts. He never made the news, though he was a subject of local gossip. He was pleasant enough to talk to, but weird.

6 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with that. I see that sort of thing fairly often. I look at someone from down the street, and I’m like, are they naked? Then they get closer and I see that they’re just wearing flesh colored yoga pants. It’s usually young women though.

2 Likes