Artist paints excellent Donald Trump portrait with her menstrual blood

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Artist of the Year Award!

5 Likes

I guess itā€™s good when art takes me out of my comfort zone.

I guessā€¦

7 Likes

ā€¦or at least ā€œartist of the month.ā€

27 Likes

Yahtzee!

3 Likes

I was more impressed by her blue periodā€¦

16 Likes

Sheā€™s done TV advertising as well?

5 Likes

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

(I say)

2 Likes

Well, yeah. Weā€™re talking about Trump here.

8 Likes

Having had ill advised adventures as a teen, I know that painting with blood does not dry that red. It turns orange or brown from the iron oxidizing. Being FAAB, I know that menstrual fluid shares this property. So thatā€™s either very fresh or not period blood.

2 Likes

It appears sheā€™s selling prints of the original portrait. No mention what printing process she used (my guess is digital since sheā€™s only charging $20 a pop) but she probably either photographed/scanned the original while it was still relatively fresh or tweaked the colors in Photoshop (or on the printing press if sheā€™s doing handmade prints).

2 Likes

I was wondering about that myself. Would any spray-on sealant be sufficient to prevent oxidation for any length of time?

2 Likes

I somehow feel that making my usual ā€˜eats outā€™ on this awful picture of Trump joke would be in poor taste.

2 Likes

Sadly, this is the least offensive and squicky thing Iā€™ve seen about T.rump in recent weeks.

2 Likes

A publicity-stunt painting of a publicity stuntman.

isnā€™t it illegal to sell blood?

As only original is made of this material, shouldnā€™t the question be if it is legal to sell photographs of blood?

ā€¦and why should it be illegal to sell a blood-painted whatever, anyway? Assuming it is exposed to air enough (or treated) to neutralize the eventual blood-borne pathogens?

was just a question, not saying it should be legal or not.
The article doesnā€™t specify if sheā€™s selling a photo. It just says "ā€œgoal is to auction it off and give the money to an organization that helps Mexican immigrants in the U.S.ā€ For me, ā€œitā€ refers to the original.
where did you get that from? I canā€™t even see a source link or anything.

For some reason I assumed there will be reproductions for sale.
If it is about the original, I stay corrected.

Sheā€™s selling prints on Etsy.

It would be kind of weird if she wasnā€™t selling reproductions considering she used her reproductive organs to make the thing.

2 Likes