Artist re-imagines traffic signs with the help of creative stickers

Originally published at: Artist re-imagines traffic signs with the help of creative stickers | Boing Boing

1 Like

I’m torn here - some of these are a bit amusing, but others may well reduce road safety.

4 Likes

This is a terrible idea.

4 Likes

There’s a good reason this is against the law. People with visual impairment may well misinterpret the signs and it could lead to an accident. This guy is an asshole.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m on that same balancing point as others. On the one hand, I find his work playful and creative, and in many cases it doesn’t reduce the legibility of the sign, so no real problem. But some of those examples made the signs demonstrably harder to read, and there’s a reason signs are very boring and rigid in their design.

But you know what? Signs, signs, everywhere signs… fuck 'em, go to town, Clet. I’m going to reach back to my rebellious youth for a few seconds and run with it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is Abraham’s work. I shot this in London (Clerkenwell Green) in 2011.I didn’t know at the time and have always wondered who the artist was.

This might be his as well. It was close by.

3 Likes

There are no fnords in the advertisements.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.