"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

Originally published at: "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" | Boing Boing

16 Likes

I saw wild turkeys fly before. It wasn’t exactly graceful though.

17 Likes

Every year this tired clip gets dragged out and every year I’m annoyed, because the entire foundation of the joke is a myth, turkeys can actually fly.

4 Likes

It’s all disintel from the Turkeynatti. While people think they’re safe, they strike!

16 Likes

Wild turkeys can. Domestic turkeys can’t. Not only are they too fat to fly, they’re too fat to fuck. They have to reproduce by artificial insemination.

32 Likes

Every year one of the finest moments in television history is remembered. Go listen to that shitty Alice’s Restaurant.

29 Likes

Classic.

Now to watch The March of the Wooden Soldiers. Which was on the teevee every thanksgiving growing up and was a family thing.

15 Likes

remake bingo GIF

15 Likes

Do they use a turkey baster?

33 Likes

The turkeys think so.

15 Likes

Can I love them both?

10 Likes

Yes, but I recommend washing it out before using it on gravy.

Or not. It’s really up to you.

10 Likes

Yes, but only the most seasoned (ahem) professional has the honor after years of training. They even get a special badge.

10 Likes

The second S on that badge is super important

9 Likes

This. Saying “turkeys can fly” is like saying “a human can run down a horse over long distances.” Technically true, but most of us aren’t exactly in prime hunter-gatherer shape these days and couldn’t do it even if our lives depended on it. And our species hasn’t even been intentionally bred for obesity.

22 Likes

Nothing like a long-winded protest anthem that’s not really about war at all, but a bunch of selfish brats who can’t clean up after themselves.

6 Likes

You sure about that?

15 Likes

no-sorry

4 Likes

And what an asshole Snoopy was for not letting on that he had a complete Thanksgiving dinner in his doghouse the whole time…

9 Likes

Hey, you ask a dog to make toast, he makes toast! It’s not his fault no one asked about his Thanksgiving plans.

7 Likes