As Hallmark fails to provide appropriately misogynistic holiday cards, evangelicals make their own

Originally published at: As Hallmark fails to provide appropriately misogynistic holiday cards, evangelicals make their own | Boing Boing

11 Likes

“Mmm! Mmm mm mmmmf mf mm-mmf!”

(Christ! What a bunch of assholes)

27 Likes

WTF? I wasn’t aware that this was an on-going tradition with the Gilead crowd.

I’m sure they’re awaiting the big day when they can include the Handmaids and Marthas in the holiday photo.

43 Likes

I’m not surprised by the misogyny - its endemic, especially among these assholes. But I’ll admit I’m surprised by the particular perverse, nasty, and public way it’s expressed here. Good Lord. Imagine having to be a daughter of one of these pieces of shit.

40 Likes

And they wonder why young people are abandoning their version of Christianity in droves? I don’t.

54 Likes

The little girl in the bottom-right card has such a look on her face, it’s so sad. “What’s going on here, why am I being treated like this?”

28 Likes

and the mother has such a look of “can you believe he is farkin serious?”

8 Likes

Wonder what the reaction would be to cards that featured smiling women and the men with duct tape over their dicks. Peace on Earth, everyone!

26 Likes

:notes: It’s the most misogynist time of the year! :notes:*

Edit for - certainly not true.

7 Likes

At least one of those was a professional portrait studio job.

If I was the photographer I’d be like “No, get the fuck out of my studio.”

24 Likes

I dunno. It is the culmination of a forced pregnancy resulting from rape…

(Assuming you are a believer)

9 Likes

Ahh, the festive tradition of kidnapping roleplay.

May your Stock(holm)ing be filled with coal, that naughty carcinogenic nugget of holiday spirit.

7 Likes

May these dads receive a well-deserved visit from Krampus

19 Likes

Nackles is an even more appropriate Xmas Eve visitor for these abusive patriarchs.

It tells of an abusive father who, after he can no longer beat his wife, instead begins to terrify his children with tales of a shadow counterpart to Santa Claus he dubs “Nackles”–a cruel way to keep his kids on their very best behavior. As the antithesis of jolly Saint Nick, the titular Nackles is a looming, skeletal specter robed in black. And while Santa delivers presents with his flying reindeer on Christmas Eve, Nackles travels underground in a carriage drawn by blind white goats to steal away misbehaving children.

The father is so pleased with himself for thinking of this disciplinary tactic that he spreads the word to other parents in the neighborhood…only to discover too late, in a twist of poetic justice, that the faith of children can be a powerful thing.

6 Likes

Kinky bondage Christians?

Has anyone told them that Handmaid’s Tale is not an instruction manual?

8 Likes

“Let me guess, the Rittle Rattle Man tradition where they kidnap the women”
clicks through
Pretty close

… not gonna google that

3 Likes

Remember when daddy does it to you it’s ok!

8 Likes

2009-06-15-Gabriel

Now there’s a sentence that didn’t even need this context, it would sound alarming no matter what.

18 Likes