The "Meat Card" will deliver your holiday greetings, along with sexist stereotypes, via a sheet of beef jerky

Originally published at: The "Meat Card" will deliver your holiday greetings, along with sexist stereotypes, via a sheet of beef jerky - Boing Boing

1 Like

I dunno, if I knew about this earlier it could have made a great stocking-stuffer for my wife!

(there’s always valentines day, but let’s get serious here: I’m not giving a company like this any money)

4 Likes

puke die GIF

I was so hoping this was some sort of humor. It appears to be serious. That is so frickin’ sad I can’t even…

12 Likes

Black Rifle Coffee meets manly meat mongers. The level of insecurity at play here boggles my skull-protein, which is my new, more masculine way of saying brains.

10 Likes

It’s a fun idea but I ain’t buying nothin’ meant to be eaten from a manly man that may or may not think real men don’t need to clean food prep areas.

From their website…

Sweat cleans places a shower can’t.

Rubbing dirt on it speeds up the healing process.

And these gems…

Catching a large fish is as close as a man gets to the feeling of his first kiss.

MAN FACT #69: Real men can see the number of this fact and not giggle.

6 Likes

IMG_0786

6 Likes

8 Likes

A wonderfully kooky, impractical idea ruined by toxic masculinity

5 Likes

That’s not much of a message. I’ll bet those cheap bastards use sans serif fonts, too. For 23.99, I’d at least expect some serifs!

2 Likes

2oz90j

9 Likes

I attended a gathering of local small beer brewery types… micro-brewers… Maybe 100 people there, only 2 women. Mostly White guys with beards, lots of ink and leather wrist straps.

I left thinking this was some sub-culture cult where you could convince fellow bros to invest in the pyramid, buy some vats and hire a German to stir the brews. It felt they wanted to portray themselves as … sensitive modern guys with feelings too lets create a safe space outside of Big-Beer influence this is a lifestyle we’re promoting…

But what a sausage-fest. Likely as the fad wanes, they’ll move into monthly meat or razor subscriptions.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Sounds like you attended a shitty brewer gathering then. Around where I am you could expect a more diverse gathering.

10 Likes

Okay… so this is gross, stupid and clearly meant to piss people off, so I can’t even be bothered to give the desired irate reaction.

Instead, here’s a quick reprise - a reminder, even:

We are all just sentient meat; men, women and every kind of human being in between…

9 Likes

Is that Hop Man?

9 Likes

Why yes it is!

9 Likes
5 Likes

The Hero We Need!

6 Likes

It stains my cranial thinkius maximus.

Doughman: the Hero we knead.
Toxic Masculinity Man; the Hero we kneed.

7 Likes

8 Likes