The "Meat Card" will deliver your holiday greetings, along with sexist stereotypes, via a sheet of beef jerky

women and meat are seen as things men consume to have power over

Wow. There’s a ton of dysfunction and misogyny to unpack there.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Given how often this sort of toxic right-wing thinking goes hand in hand with grifting, I bet the jerky is barely edible stuff a step below the worst offering at a gas station. Much better to skip the sexism, sacrifice the novelty aspect of it being a meat card, and just get your loved one some actually delicious, high-quality jerky- if he, she or they are into that sort of thing, of course.

3 Likes

no one has ever gone broke exploiting the insecure (or so it seems).

2 Likes

It has been a space overrun by dudes but there’s Pink Boots Collaboration Brew Day® - Pink Boots SocietyPink Boots Society

1 Like

I was really hoping it would be a place to encounter innovative thinkers and some off-the-wall types but obviously they were all at your event.

3 Likes

Pah. It’s not even tactical meat. Lame!

9 Likes

You know, the real tragedy of this fallacy is that every dumbass who avoids going in the kitchen and leaves all of the cooking and washing up to “the women”, also believes that they are somehow innately grill masters and ruin every damn cookout. I can’t recall the number of times dudes have put out absolutely blackened burgers and mummified hot dogs without a hint of shame.

3 Likes

I sorta like the idea of a meat business card to be given to “manly men” which would slowly rot and smell up their office.

5 Likes

this made me laugh out loud!

5 Likes

I’ve taken to eating jerky for snacks and I find that it’s shockingly expensive. is it made out of a particularly pricey cut of meat (for beef)? or is the processing expensive? or is it just a cash grab?

also the manly man company? ungh. vibes up there with an FM rock radio station “man card” thing.

1 Like

I think the cost is partly that it takes a lot of meat to make a small amount of jerky. Back when I butchered my own meat, I’d process about 4 lbs of meat to get 1 lb of jerky. Plus I expect there’s a fair amount of “we charge you this because we can.”

3 Likes

Trump reads the story… then slaps his greasy orange forehead with his teeny hand.

Swipe Swiping Right GIF

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.